Phoenix Babies

Banner Thunderbird vs. Arrowhead Hospital

My husband and I are new to the area and my doctor only delivers at Banner Thunderbird and Arrowhead Hospital as I have no knowledge of either I was hioing to get some insight. If you have delivered or known someone who delivered at either of these hospital please let me know of your/their experience.

Re: Banner Thunderbird vs. Arrowhead Hospital

• i myself have no experience with both hospitals but i have heard good things about thunderbird compared to the arrowhead hospital.. if your baby has complications, the thunderbird hospital would be better equipped to deal with this..?
  • I have never heard anything good about the maternity area of arrowhead from anyone. I delivered at banner tbird and was very happy aside from one nurse. the l/d nurses were totally awesome and the labor rooms are huge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to be delivering at Arrowhead in October, can you tell me exactly what you've heard about it?  I'm worried now /:
  • imagexoxosweetp:
    I'm going to be delivering at Arrowhead in October, can you tell me exactly what you've heard about it?  I'm worried now /:

I've just heard that everyone there is extremely rude. I know quite a few people that have delivered there and got the same response. I've seen reviews from others also that it's just a horrible hospital. Never been there myself though. I hope you have a better experience!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks everyone!
  • imagexoxosweetp:
    I'm going to be delivering at Arrowhead in October, can you tell me exactly what you've heard about it?? I'm worried now /:

?

Im delivering at Arrowhead as well and have been a little nervous as well...most of the things that people say about Arrowhead have to do with the ER and are also from back when the hospital first opened and were trying to staff a new hospital...I have heard great things about T birds L & D but have been to the ER there many times do to my job and I would not go to the ER there. (not that this matters) We decided to stay with Arrowhead to see how it goes this time and I feel comfortable with my decision due to the fact that we like my doctor. hope this helps :))?

• Hello!  I work for Banner Health, and know a few people who have delivered at Thuderbird who have had wonderful experiences.  They also just opened a new wing, which includes Women and Infant Services, though I have not checked it out myself yet - I do plan on delievering there.  I included a link below to some information about Thunderbird.

Good luck!

https://www.bannerhealth.com/Locations/Arizona/Banner+Thunderbird+Medical+Center/_Banner+Thunderbird+Medical+Center.htm

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi,

Iam delivering at Thunderbird next month. I chose Thunderbird becuse alot of moms had deivered there and like it better than Arrowhead. We finally decided on Thunderbird because they had nothing but good things to say about it. Good Luck : )

• I just delivered at Banner Tbird on the 4th. It was my first pregnancy and the nurses there were really nice throughout my entire stay any questions you have they are very helpful and if you plan on breastfeeding the lactation nurse is very nice and helpful with any problems. I would deliver there again. 
  • Have you baby at Banner!  Have not heard anything good about Arrowhead in any capacity...they just re-modeled the Banner hospital and they are known for their quality of care!!!!

Krys 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"