Infertility

I need some help, O?????

I ahve all o fteh signs of ovulating but all of the tests are negative.  CAn you have the symptoms and still no O?

Re: I need some help, O?????

• What signs are you having?

What tests? If you're talking OPKs, you can miss your surge and still ovulate.

Are you charting/being monitored?

• Yes. I, of all people should know :) I'm working on my 2nd annovulatory cycle and at least 3 times during each, I've thought I o'd. But, a temp shift or some form of monitoring is the only way to tell for sure. If you're new to this, charting on fertilityfriend.com is a good way to go. It detects ovulation for you. Also, if you're new, you might want to head over to the Getting Pregnant board, as most of these girls have quit charting by now.

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not new, I have been on here for quite a while now, but this is the first time that I could have possibly ovulated in almost a year and I have PCOS and a lot of the other things ladies have been dealing with on here too.

I have been doing OPK's, but I haven't done teh charting thing yet.  It was a surprise to even get a period so I guess that is what I ahve to do now.

Thnaks Dr. L, you always give me good advice 

• I have in an increase in amount and different consistency of CM

If I am on schedule for a 28 day cycle, which I do not know yet, it is the time I should be ovulating

All OPK's are negative

I have not yet tried BBT or charting and I am not beign monitored

I feel like I have O pains,but it could be the huge cyst on my ovary

• Sorry, I just didn't recognize you. I have PCOS and am still charting because I haven't begun fertility treatment yet. I ask all of my charting and O questions on GP because I have been told that a lot of girls over here do not chart anymore.

I don't use OPKs because I don't O and don't want to waste my money on them (basically I'd have to use them every day). I've heard that OPKs can be positive for a few days and you still not O. My "O" pains usually turn out to be cysts. The increase in EWCM could be your body gearing up for O, but it never really does because there's no mature ovum.

I think you should start charting and either do the charting course at fertilityfriend.com and/or pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. FF.com says there's no TRUE way to tell if you've O'd except by a sustained temp shift. All other signs are just your body getting ready to O, and you may or may not.

Sorry if I was out of line earlier or hurt your feelings about being a newbie. I know with PCOS it can be frustrating and your body gives you a lot of signs that bring false hope. 

My Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    SAIF Always Welcome
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 10/03, On BCP to "treat" until: 7/09
    Provera to end Cycles 1-9 (anovulatory)
    Cycle #4 & 5: Clomid 50 mg FAIL
    RE Visit: 2000 mg Metformin
    Cycle 6:Forced Break, looking for androgen secreting tumor
    Cycle 7:Clomid CD 3-10, 12-17 FAIL
    Cycle 8: Clomid CD 3-10, Bravelle CD 12-24 Hyperstimmed
    New RE: Put on Byetta, lost 23 lbs
    Cycle 9: Financial Break
    Cycle 10: Femara CD 3-7, IUI CD 17 BFP on 2/14/11, m/c 3/7/11
  • That's ok, you didn't hurt my feelings, I don't post too often, but I am on here a lot.  PCOS is really frustrating and being on Met is really effecting me with some serious s/e.  Thank you for all of the information though, I think I will look into that website and the book.  Really, I appreciate everyone on here and I know we are all struggling so I apologize if I was being too sensitive. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"