Tennessee Babies

Recommend your Nashville/Franklin OB!

Hi ladies!

I just found out I was pregnancy last week (yay!) so I'm shopping around for an OB.  I've gone to the Women's Group of Franklin for pap smears, but I really want to shop around.  If you want to, recommend your OB. I've love to hear her name (I really only want to see a female), where her clinic is, and at which hospital she delivers.  Also, our insurance does not cover maternity, so we're going to have to pay for this out of pocket.  If you have any idea of what the cost is, please let me know that too!

Thanks so much!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Recommend your Nashville/Franklin OB!

• I got to Franklin Women's Center. I love Dr. Dykes. She was my OB for my 3rd.

I think the "street" cost is about $3k for a normal vaginal delivery. I had insurnace that paid for most of it.

They will work a payment plan with you.

www.healthcarebluebook.com is a pretty cool site that will tell you what the actual cost should be for various medical treatments.

• I go to the Womens Medical Associates of Nashville and see Dr. George.  You can deliver either at Centinneial or Baptist and normal vag delivery is 3K.

The practice is all women and I've also seen Dr. Yu when Dr. George was at a delivery and she had great bedside manner.

https://www.wmaofnashville.com/index.php

HTH

• Loading the player...
  • I really like Dr Bell at Women's Group of Franklin. If you have UHC don't bother with williamson period cause they dropped them.
  • I'd recommend the Vanderbilt Nurse Midwives! I LOVE Linda, but Emma is also wonderful and Lori delivered me though she's not there very often.
  • I go to Dr. Angela Wilson-Liverman at the new 100 Oaks complex at Vanderbilt Center for Women's Health.  I LOVE her!  She was never once late for an appointment (in fact, if I showed up early usually she would end up seeing me early.)  This is important when you get towards the end of your pregnancy and are going every 1-2 weeks.  Also- since the building is new at 100 Oaks everything is nice and clean and barely used. Check-in is automated and they give you a buzzer that will let you know when they call you in for your appointment.  (Also important for when you have to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes- you want to be able to know when they call you!) They even have an Einstein bagel in case you want to grab a bite to eat!  Overall a great great experience!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm seeing Dr. Woodall at the Franklin Women's Center. Everyone over there is extremely nice, and I never have a long wait. Plus, they do your ultrasounds in house.

All the doctors there deliver at Williamson Medical Center.

My insurance is covering all but about $700, and I'm having twins, so I'd say they're pretty reasonable.

• I LOVED LOVED LOVED Tennessee Women's Care-- Dr. Mary Anne Blake. She and her nurse were so wonderful, I wanted to stay with them for everything! My doc charged $3000, and that covered everythign they did in office. Of course, Labor and Delivery is a whole separate hospital charge. They are wonderful though... seriously.
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I loved Dr. Sharon Norman with the group called WOMEN.  Delivered at Baptist.  I switched OBs (Dr. TJ Thomas) for 2nd because I needed my prenatals to be in Franklin/Cool Springs instead of Nashville.
  • I've been using a midwife through Vanderbilt (Vanderbilt Midwives on West End).  My primary midwife has been fantastic through two losses in the past year and we're so excited to be starting our second trimester now.  I'm not sure about general cost.  I've heard people remark that midwives are cheaper, but I'm not sure if the Vanderbilt affiliation negates that.  I do plan to deliver at Vanderbilt and have happily checked the "epidural" box, so it's not "old school" where you have to go natural if you don't want to.  My midwife has always been quick to run tests as needed and call in other opinions, too.  I'm very happy with their group.  (Though the drive from Spring Hill is kind of long!)
  • imageSCBride2007:
    I LOVED LOVED LOVED Tennessee Women's Care-- Dr. Mary Anne Blake. She and her nurse were so wonderful, I wanted to stay with them for everything! My doc charged $3000, and that covered everythign they did in office. Of course, Labor and Delivery is a whole separate hospital charge. They are wonderful though... seriously.

I too love Tennessee Women's Care.  I see Dr. Haney and she is fabulous!  The whole place is run very well and organized.  It's super easy to get bloodwork and U/S done.  Her price for a uncomplicated vag. delivery was 3,000.  That covers all initial appointments as well.  I have a friend who also goes there and she had a baby in the spring and was very happy with everything.  My doctor delivers babies at Babtist and Centennial.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I go to Dr. Bell at the Women's Group of Franklin, and I LOVE her!  (She just got married so she may have changed her name.)  I really like that their office is connected to the hospital; she did every cervical exam when I had DS, I never had a nurse do one.  She is also so gentle and friendly.  I liked being at Williamson Medical Center; it's a lot quieter than Baptist or Vanderbilt.
  • Dr Mckey in Cenntennial Women's Hospital is awesome! She's very informative as well as being very personable.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"