Texas Babies
Options

ugh. infant flu shots

Soooooooo..... Sarah had her 1st of 2 flu shots last month when she went to the pedi for her 9 month checkup.  We were told to wait at least 4 weeks and then call to get the second.  We called today AND THEY ARE OUT!!!  They said they were totally overwhelmed this year and can't get anymore.

All the normal flu clinics do not give it to infants, and the few kid places we tried would only give it if we switched pedis!  I FINALLY found a place that will not only give Sarah her second shot THIS AFTERNOON, but will do mine at the same time.  So, if you need to get a shot the same day, try this place.  For the babies they just ask for your pedis name so they can call and get a prescription faxed.

Passport Health

5282 Medical Dr
San Antonio, TX 78229
(210) 616-0222

https://www.passporthealthsanantonio.com

Re: ugh. infant flu shots

• Options
    Thanks!  I'll keep that in mind if they're out when I try and schedule James second dose in November.  ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Luci hasn't had hers yet.  Hmm.... pedi never even said I needed to get it before now.  Interesting.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! Ours was a hassle too. Elise got the first dose last month and was scheduled to get the 2nd last Wed at 8:00 am. They called Tuesday and said they were out and would call back when they got more in. Luckily, they got some in the next day (Wed.) and she got it that afternoon. *whew* We all got it... well, except for Jaws ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Audrey gets her first one at her 6 mo appt on the 27th, but I don't think they will run out (I hope). The military usually gets first dibs on all that stuff (so they say!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"