3rd Trimester

Orgasmic Birth!

I was in a breast feeding class tonight and the teacher said we should go home and look this up.. have any of you heard of this before?? It is crazy...

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=6120045

Re: Orgasmic Birth!

• It's on youtube too.  I find it really hard to believe.

• DH and I watched Away We Go today, and one of the moms in the movie said she had a big orgasm when she gave birth to her son lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow I just find it hard to believe...
  • I think thats a little weird.....it seems like it would hurt 
  • i believe it, but i think its f*cking creepy to climax while giving birth.
  • yes, the orgasm i experienced as my epidural wore off and the dr was on his 2nd vacuum attempt with his arm up my vag before we decided on a c/s was magical...
  • I suppose you just have to change your preconceptions about what birth is. I can see it being a very invigorating experience, although I'm not sure I'd want it to be THAT invigorating ;) I'm glad that some women can experience labor like that -- really makes you think about what that pain is really about.
  • Of course I believe it....but it did not happen to me.  Not even close.
  • image.DietDrPepper.:
    yes, the orgasm i experienced as my epidural wore off and the dr was on his 2nd vacuum attempt with his arm up my vag before we decided on a c/s was magical...

And LOL!?

• image.DietDrPepper.:
    yes, the orgasm i experienced as my epidural wore off and the dr was on his 2nd vacuum attempt with his arm up my vag before we decided on a c/s was magical...

LOL!

• like I want a team of nurses and doctors seeing THAT?

No thanks.

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
    "Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I watched it...It was pretty neat. If you think about it hormonally/chemically it actually makes sense. When you are in labor you release the same exact hormones as when you are making love and have an orgasm. It was pretty cool to see and I figure why not?
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejust_peachy:

like I want a team of nurses and doctors seeing THAT?

No thanks.

Thats what I just told my husband... I would rather them see me screaming in pain and ripping my hair out, then them seeing me have a freakin orgasm!

• Umm, what if you can't go by penis insertion? I "heard" 1/3 of women can only go with external stimulation. Does that mean I, mean them, should ask the OB delivering to rub down there?

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• image.DietDrPepper.:

LOL!!

• Shoot...I'm with the husband and the hammer analogy. 
  • It's possible if you're able to remain relaxed and in a sort of meditative state. We watched a long video in our Bradley class on this and it is possible, you just have to have different expectations of what pain is and how you deal with it (as the article hinted at).

I, unfortunately, can't meditate into that relaxed of a state!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • And they planned their birth under a tree in a tub in a backyard..what does that tell you??
  • I've only heard of orgasmic birth happening during natural childbirth, so for all of you planning epidurals, you don't have to worry about climaxing in front of the doctor. Wink

Personally, I'd prefer an orgasm during birth to being in a lot of pain. I don't really care who sees it. Hell, if I have an orgasm during this baby's birth, I will be so freaking thrilled I'll probably come back to the nest and post all about it. 

• imageerinshaneb:
    And they planned their birth under a tree in a tub in a backyard..what does that tell you??

VERY granola??

And that one guy who was scared his friends would think something about him not being the one who was giving her the orgasm...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"