Trouble TTC

period question if I am not ovualting

I am worried I may not be ovulating.  I get my period very regularly (every 28-29 days) but I read online that that may still happen even if your not ovulating. They say you bleed from other things but its not a "true period" this I understand. My question is can you still get cramps and all that comes with pms if its not a "true period"?  I still get cramps and breast tenderness/swelling, emotional, moody, etc..... also my period is the same every month. starts out light gets heavy and then lightens and lasts about 4-6 days. I am concerned I have PCOS mainly because I grow hair on my chin (have for years now) but its defenitely gotten more corse over the years and now that we are TTC and nothing is happening I am worried. I seen my doctor over two months ago (yearly check up)  and she said if I am regular, she believes that I am ovulating and that to give it more time (it had only been 2months of TTC) and that after 6 I can have my hormones tested. But I am freaking out and thinking that I am not ovulating.  Thanks for your help or adivce if you know anything about this. 

This next cycle I do intend to chart and use OPK. Charting last month got all screwed up. and I was using OPK last month up until day 16 (all being negative) but I was only doing it once and using FMU (dont know if that matters) that fact has me worried too!!

Re: period question if I am not ovualting

• Taking Charge of Your Fertility is also a great book

It takes the average person up to 1 year to become pregnant even if perfectly healthy.  But first thing first is charting and seeing if in fact you do O, many people who have PCOS have long irregular cycles, we are taking over 40-50 days long.

It is amazing what we come up with when self dxing our issues.I am Italian and have chin hair - I don't have PCOS. 

You should chart for a few months as it can take 2 or more to get a hang of everything. Most importantly is temping the same time everyday and before getting out of bed.

As for OPKs - it is suggested not to use FMU as the FH is not very concentrated. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • I keep hearing about that book on here and I am defenitely going to get it. I know charting really helps in identifying if you do O and I plan on doing it. I just got sick last month and that threw it off. Plus I worry because I wake up a lot in the middle of the night to pee and just because I dont sleep so great so I worried that may not make it so easy. but I will try it, I want to. as for the hair...I know depending on your nationaity you can have more hair than others. mine started out that way, just the usual soft hair that i am sure most women have) I am half Italian but mostly german. It now has increased and after plucking, when growing back in,  its more corse now for sure (can feel like stuble) its not a ton I dont think anyone can even see it unless they really look. But I dont think its normal for women to have stubble and that worries me. Thank you though for the advice  I appreciate it very much :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekdodge423:

Honestly, I think you are turing a molehill into a mountain.

That is pretty much an apt description of this board now. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Kdodge...thats what my husband keeps telling me. I am a total worry wort and until I can get to the doctor I was hoping for some info. I need to relax!
  • imageJessicaLizz:
    I need to relax!

You have a very regular cycle, and you've only just started TTC.

I agree with your own statement.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"