New Hampshire Babies
Options

Looking for reputable and great daycare in Exeter/Hampton Falls/Hampton area

Good Morning!

My husband and I have been living in Hampton, NH for a year and a half so I don't know lots of people in the area.  We are starting the process of researching daycare options for September 2010.  I am originally from central Massachusetts, so I know lots of daycare options there but don't know ANY at all around here.  Does anyone know how I might look for reputable and quality daycare?  I am really nervous about this.  Thanks so much!

Re: Looking for reputable and great daycare in Exeter/Hampton Falls/Hampton area

• Options

Hi, I live in Fremont.. I grew up in Hampton. I know Apple seeds in Exeter is supposed to be a good daycare, a co-worker uses them and has for over 3 years.

• Options
    I live in Rye and heard that Appleseeds is good too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The best thing to do is to go to NAEYC.org and do an accredited program search by state. You can then search by town. They have MUCH higher standards than the state licensing (which are ridiculously low). They look to make sure that the schools have curriculum (even for infants), teacher education, and high quality teacher-child interactions. They also look at how the schools communicate with families.

They are usually higher priced than other places but honestly, I would not send my child to a school that is not accredited. ?

??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"