Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

implantation bleeding, or something else?

This might be TMI, but I want to be specific so that it's more accurate.

So yesterday after I peed I noticed just a tiny, tiny, bit of light pink on the toilet paper after I wiped. I didn't think anything of it really. 

Last night I noticed slightly more CM, no more blood though. 

Then today I had quite a bit of CM, VERY bright light pink. It was quite a bit, but it wasn't all blood, like I said it was CM that was colored almost... that's how I would describe it. 

I just went off the BCP a little over 2 weeks ago, and I did not get my period regularly while on the pill- but I was also on the type of pill where you get a shorter period. Since going off we have had sex probably every other day almost the entire 2+ weeks. It seems crazy to get pregnant right away... but does this sound like implantation bleeding to you girls? Or does it just sound like the onset of a period?

I have also noticed something else in just the past 2 days. I've been UNBELIEVABLY hungry alll the time. And if I don't eat every 2 hours my stomach sounds like a lion. :- It's embarrasing! lol

Any info on your experiences with implantation bleeding or anything else related would be great!!! :)

Re: implantation bleeding, or something else?

• Options
    Unless you ovulate very early, 2 weeks isn't enough time to ovulate and implant.  Some people spot when the ovulate, that sounds more likely, or your body is just doing crazy stuff adjusting to not being on BCP anymore.  Implantation bleeding is very rare to begin with.  
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't think you have had enough time to ovulate and implant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekateisgreat:
    Unless you ovulate very early, 2 weeks isn't enough time to ovulate and implant.  Some people spot when the ovulate, that sounds more likely, or your body is just doing crazy stuff adjusting to not being on BCP anymore.  Implantation bleeding is very rare to begin with.  
    this. hate to rain on your parade but look at my past several charts [you should be able to see them] and check out all the spotting. some of it was red blood and a lot of it was pinkish cm. i agree with kate that if anything it has to do with ovulation but it could also be the bcp.

you will just have to wait and see if you get your period at some point.

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

my head hurts now.

I don't know a whole lot about specific brands of BCP (I hate the horrid side effects) but lighter periods?  do you mean seasonale?  I know of no regular pill that doesn't have some type of regular period, light or otherwise.

That being said, I highly doubt it is implantation bleeding...you don't even know if you ovulated. 

go here:

www.fertilityfriend.com and read the tutorials

and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility....both are excellent resources

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    imagekdodge423:

I can't believe I am still astounded by people's stupidity.

And yet, I am.

Um... Is this referring to me? 

• Options

BCP is a regular intake of hormones.  When you stop taking the pill your regulated hormones stop, forcing your body to it.  Coming off the pill can cause surges in hormones that its not used to causing things like spotting, hunger, weight gain, and acne.  You are in for a roller coaster ride of side effects that are very abnormal for you. 

Like PP suggested, get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility and check out www.fertilityfriend.com

GL! 

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemda524:
    imagekdodge423:

And yet, I am.

no...the poster standing behind you.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    imageL&R70707:
    imagemda524:
    imagekdodge423:

And yet, I am.

Wow... you two are extremely rude. This is supposed to be a site where you are able to ask questions and get help from other people also TTC. lol I can't believe how immature you both are. Please- I don't want either of your input. 

• Options
    imagemda524:
    imageL&R70707:
    imagemda524:
    imagekdodge423:

And yet, I am.

Wow... you two are extremely rude. This is supposed to be a site where you are able to ask questions and get help from other people also TTC. lol I can't believe how immature you both are. Please- I don't want either of your input. 

ahahahaha...I gave you nice and extremely helpful advice prior to that comment but you chose not to read it.  I have been here over a year and kdodge has been here longer and knows a shitton of excellent advice...your loss

imageimage

• Options
    I'm not saying I didn't appreciate the advice- I always do. Like I said, this site is for getting information and advice from people in similar situations. But the "I can't believe I am still astounded by people's stupidity.And yet, I am" definitely struck me bad. And then when you (L&R) said "no... the poster standing behind you." That really wasn't necessary. I didn't feel that I asked any stupid questions. Like I said... I just went off the BCP, and like I said, I didn't really get a regular period while on it- so is it so wrong to ask questions about all of that? I just started this whole TTC thing- I'm definitely NOT an expert! I always appreciate advice, but I was NOT expecting to be told I was stupid that I didn't know how my body worked, etc. That is all. 

• Options

::sigh::

my comment was a joke (smartass?...yes, but thats me)...relax.  Lurk here for a while and you'll get the feel of things.

imageimage

• Options
    Ok... I'm sorry. I am a little sensitive on top of it, and it's hard to really understand the mood of comments when you read them, you know? I'm sometimes a sarcastic person, but I know that when I try to be in print it never comes across that way. lol
  • Options
    When I went off the pill I had been on it for almost 15 years, and it took my body a while to adjust. I had all sorts of wierd cycle lengths, symptoms and my first few "real" periods were horrific with very heavy bleeding, clots and cramping (hows that for TMI?!).  Every person is different, but sarcastic and smartass comments aside, the book that was recommended  was very helpful to me in learning about my cycle and what a "typical" cycle was like and what to expect.  Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"