Boston Babies

D&C behind me

I had the D&C early this morning.  I was very nervous but the entire thing was fine.  I'm feeling pretty good too.  So glad to have it behind me and start to move on.

So, how long did you have to wait for AF to arrive?

My DR. said that DH and I can TTC on the 1st cycle.  I was surprised to hear this since most women I know were advised to wait at least 2 cycles.  How long did DR. tell you to wait and how long did you actually wait?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: D&C behind me

• I'm glad to hear you are doing well, considering Smile GL ttc next cycle!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi there.  For me, my first AF came five weeks after the D&C, which I had at 8w due to a blighted ovum.   My doctor told me to wait 2 cycles before ttc again.  We wound up conceiving after the first cycle without really trying (we thought we were in the safe zone, but I o'd early).  Best of luck to you, and I hope that your recovery is going smoothly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMommy to two angel babies, 6w4d on 10/21/08 and 8w2d on 2/22/09. I still think of you and miss you every day!
  • Loading the player...
  • My SIL was told second cycle as well when she had on done. I am not sure how long she actually wait to try again but based on when my nephew was born she got PG on her 4th cycle. ( D&C in aug, PG in dec)

Glad you are feeling better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey there! Glad it is over. I was told to wait two cycles and we actually waited three for personal reasons. I got af 40 days after d and c. Take care.
  • I was told to wait to try until after 1 "normal" cycle, and that the first AF doesn't count as normal, so it's really after the second AF that you can try.  We did wait, and we got pg on the 3rd or 4th cycle trying.  Hope you heal quickly and are able to put this behind you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"