Health & Exercise
Options

Alright give it to me straight - feeding

So I'm still a few months out but I'd like to start stocking up since I'll still be getting paid while I'm out on Maternity leave, but my checks will be pretty small.  I'm going to try and breastfeed, but if that doesn't work out...

Lets say I have a 36 oz. can of Formula powder...how long is that going to last me? 

I'm a first time mommy...and I've signed up for some classes that will probably explain all this...but they aren't for another 3 weeks...and I'm itching to know now :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Alright give it to me straight - feeding

• Options

How long do you plan to BF?  I nursed DS until 11mths but started sup'ing w/ formula around 8 or 9 months.  Honestly, it goes pretty fast but this is one of those "each kid is different" kind of things.

At your class, ask about pumping and storage of breast milk.  You may luck out and have a killer supply.

• Options

I wouldn't stock up on formula.  You just don't know what the baby will tolerate, or if he or she will need a special formula--soy, gentle, etc.  The best advice I received was to get a Target gift card and have $10 put on every time you shop.

We adopted our baby, so we had no due date for a long while.  I ended up having several hundred dollars on a Target card that we could then use for diapers, formula, etc.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't suggest stocking up either.. the idea about the gift card is really smart actually!  I would try your hardest to BF and don't give up on it because formula is so crazy expensive.  The twins I watched went through a large thing of formula at least weekly.  It adds up so fast!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"