Alabama Babies

New to Bama-Help a girl out?

Hey ladies. My husband and I just moved here to Birmingham from Wisconsin. ?Question for you all--

Today, it was beautiful outside so I opened up all the windows. ?But I noticed that NONE of our neighbors had theirs open. ?In fact, people were dressed in long sleeves and pants earlier in the day. ?Do people open windows here? ?Friends of ours up the street don't even have screens...so it got me thinking.?

And one other question...when do the BUGS go away?! :)

?

Re: New to Bama-Help a girl out?

• welcome!!! :)

lol, ok, i can't really speak as someone from AL. but in S. Fla a day like today would definitely cause people to bundle up! it's so funny b/c when dh and i go home for the holidays, if it drops below 70s people start going crazy!!! it must be a southern thing.

as far as the bugs, i'm not really sure. i suppose as it gets cooler they will, but i can't say i've ever really paid attention. 

• Hi Welcome to the board! I'm Erin. I live in Athens, AL. (North close to Huntsville) Anyway. I love opening my windows in this weather! The bugs usually go away with the first frost. But with this crazy southern weather it could be tomorrow or December.
    Erin~N~Gregg 6/30/07 Project 365 imageCafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi..Welcome to the board..I'm Candi also from Athens, Al and I had my windows open today because the weather is fabulous.

Like Erin said the bugs will probably disappear with the first frost...but we never know when that will happen here.  It's in the 70's this week, but it could easily return to the upper 80's next week...we have some crazy weather :)  And wait till the summer...talk about hot and humid!  But you get used to it :)

• welcome!! 

we have our windows open right now :)  I love when it cools down and there is no humidity

• Welcome!!!

We have our windows open as well...love this weather!

• Thanks ladies. ?:) ?Love this weather as well!
  • We live in a 60-year-old house where most of the windows are painted shut and we aren't allowed to have screens because it's a historic district.

But, when we are home and it is nice weather, we do open the two windows that we are able to open.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Hi welcome to AL, Holley Birmingham/Irondale, I love to open windows, the weather this week has been very nice, but it is a toss up on weather through Nov, warm/- cold/ warm cold.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Welcome!

We are in Birmingham and even though we moved here almost a year ago, we still feel like newbies to the area because we moved here not knowing anyone.

Good luck to you!

• Hey, I'm in B'ham too.  I've lived here all my life.  You'll love it!!  We open our windows on nice days, but I guess a lot depends on where you live.  And I'm ashamed to admit that I've been wearing long sleeves and pants.  I'm so used to 100 degree weather that 72 feels cold!  BTW, The bugs never really go away, they just become less annoying after a while.  PM me if you have any questions about the area or anything. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"