TTC after 35
Options

***Weekly Check In---9/30/09***

This is the weekly check in post for TTC After 35.
Everyone is welcome to join!  Page Hav2run with your
info or add it to the weekly post and I will be happy to
add you.  A question of the week will be posted weekly and
everyone is welcome to post their updates for the week here too.  
I will try to get the post up on Wednesday nights.

Currently TTC

Nest Name_______Age____Location________TTC since

Mimi525-39, NY, TTC since 9/06
Kimisuejoia-35, UT, TTC since 1/07
Brosis-37, OH, TTC since 2/07
Mel0569-41,KY, TTC since 3/07
gymnst1013-35, PA, TTC since 4/07
FloridaKat-37, FL, TTC since 5/07
MAH123-36, TN, TTC since 06/07
Marriedayooper-40, IL, TTC since 7/07
DMD1029-38, DC, TTC since 7/07
BirdieBrd-37, MI, TTC since 9/07
njdcgirl-37, VA, TTC since 9/07
oneandonlyyou-35, NH, TTC since 9/07
NantucketSunset-36, MA, TTC since 9/07
leslieb923-39, CT, TTC since 10/07
DrVWife-36,PA, TTC since 11/07
sel*stella-37, CO, TTC since 11/07
Babsie7-35, CA, TTC since 11/07
onemorelittleone-37, NJ,TTC since 1/08
bklynbridecesh-38, NY, TTC since 1/08
LV2006-41, CA, TTC since 2/08
QE2-38, NJ, TTC since 3/08
FrannyS- 39, PA, TTC since 3/08
rsrn02-36, CA, TTC since 3/08
wiscgirl95-35, WI, TTC since 3/08
panda246-39, PA, TTC since 3/08
Lucky&Lola-35, LA, TTC since 4/08
Amy&Steve0421-35, VA, TTC since 4/08
lilacfritz-36, NY, TTC since 6/08
saverchic-34, IL, TTC since 7/08
pnltybox-37, NJ, TTC since 8/08
Stacia1633-39, MI, TTC since 8/08
akgram-35, IA, TTC since 8/08
OscarQ-35, DE, TTC Since 8/08
LizzyB11-38, IN, TTC since 9/08
ChartBart-39, NM, TTC since 9/08
rlkjos-35, NC, TTC since 9/08
rebelina1-35, CO, TTC since 9/08
mscandyman-37, VA, TTC since 9/08
Dochas-39, NJ, TTC since 09/08
Shyntrue-41, OH, TTC since 10/08
nuit-  CA, TTC since 10/08
CCbanana-32, NE, TTC since 10/08
ColoradoMelissa-35, CO, TTC since 11/08
bcn68-40, CA, TTC since 11/08
Momagain2009-36, PA, TTC since 11/08
Baze2-38, OH, TTC since 12/08
annies123-36, LA, TTC since 12/08
itsmexine-38, CO, TTC since 12/08
Joyfulnature, 39, PA, TTC since 12/08
CathyMD-38, Canada TTC since 1/09
HollyMichael-38, IL, TTC since 1/09
GymDogFran-39, GA, TTC since 1/09
L2theC42-36, PA, TTC since 1/09
kat28655-34, NC TTC since 1/09
funegirl- 39, OH, TTC since 1/09
ecu1995-35, NC, TTC since 2/09
hav2run-39, OH, TTC since 2/09
MrsPeachyKeen-35, GA TTC since 2/09
ecu1995-35,TTC since 2/09
taratru-35, CO, TTC since 2/09
NowDNAtoo-38, VA, TTC since 3/09
Julia-Henry-39, NY, TTC since 4/09
shells035-37, NY, TTC since 4/09
amnda1130-34, IL, TTC since 4/09
aubie96-34, AL, TTC since 4/09
Mrs.BoomBoom-34, CA, TTC since 5/09
princess_shelly-35, CA, TTC since 5/09
nikkiw421-36, MI, TTC since 5/09
sadiesadie-41,CO, TTC since 05/09
Irishsapphire-37, WA, TTC since 6/09
Lakesbride- VA,  TTC since 06/09
DoubleFlyaway-31, MI/DC, TTC since 06/09
ExAngel-35, CO, TTC since 06/09
DinaLINY-40, NY, TTC since 6/09
JillAly-41, NYC, TTC since 7/09
DinaLINY-40, NY, TTC since 7/09
lucyspeople-34,CO, TTC since 8/09

TTC over 35 Mommies to be:  Success Stories!
***Please let me know when I can add you to this list!
I won't add you until you ask me to***

Nest Name    AGE    EDD        TTC Since

Lebraly-36, MD,        TTC since 9/08  BFP 4/09
livvielo-36, NJ,       TTC since 1/08  BFP 4/09
Married2MrWright-34,OK, TTC since 3/09  BFP 5/09 EDD 1/31/10
Sassystace-34, OH,     TTC since 4/09  BFP 5/09
Indianasunshine-39, TX, TTC since 11/07 BFP 5/09 EDD 1/23/10
NHnative-37, MA,        TTC since 6/08, BFP 4/09 EDD 1/28/10
AnotherChance-36, FL,     TTC since 4/09, BFP 7/09 EDD 3/31/10

QOTW:  
Are you keeping your TTC journey a secret?  Who are you telling?  Who are you not telling?  Who do you confide in (besides DH) for support?

Don't forget those updates.  Who is in the 2WW?  When are you
planning to test?  O dates?  Post those BFPs here!
Whatever you want to talk about!

I am running out of topics...PM me with any QOTW topics you want to see on here!

Welcome to LV2006, Amy&Steve0421,  and MAH123! 

Congrats to AnotherChance, our newest TTC35 success story!  Many good vibes for a happy pregnancy!  

Congratulations to Lilacfritz on your BFP!  Fantastic news.  Happy, healthy nine months to you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: ***Weekly Check In---9/30/09***

• Options

We did our 1st IUI for baby #2 last Friday so I'm in the 2ww- I have my Beta on October 9th.  I'm always hopeful but the odds are very against us- we'll see.

Who did I tell?  The only one in my family who knows is my sister.  She doesn't have or want kids so she doesn't really understand a lot of fertility details but she understands when things aren't going well.  Mostly, I have a few very close friends who I confide in and who know all the details.  Plus my poor paralegal (a guy) who hears all the gory details.  I think I've turned him off to marriage for many, many years!!!

I am not telling my step-mom.  She has one son and believes that is enough for any person.  Every time I mentioned having a second child, I got an earful from her about not "needing" any others and what a good mom she was because she could focus her attention on her child.  Yeah- right- because her son turned out so well (he's on the 4 different colleges, 6 year plan and keeps getting speeding tickets and into car accidents).  I'll tell her when I can't hide it anymore and not a second earlier!!!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options

Hi, 

You can add me, Leslieb923 over to the success section.  My due date is 4/28/09.  

QOTW:  

Are you keeping your TTC journey a secret?  My parents and a few close friends knew, but not everyone.

Who do you confide in (besides DH) for support?  My best friend was a wonderful person for support, I have known her since we were 12, so she is more like a sister.

Married 5/12/07 Took 3 IUIs and 2 IVFs for our sweet boy He was worth the wait! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Getting testing this cycle to see what's going on.  A saline u/s.  I just turned 37 last week.

QUTW

I am an open book.  I am sharing it with  many friends.  I confide in my DH & 2 very close friends.  And of course my nestie pals! 

• Options

Thanks for the welcome!

QOTW:  We are mostly keeping ttc to ourselves.  My own mother does not know we are ttc, and also doesn't know about my most recent m/c.  She has such a big mouth, and I know she just wouldn't keep it to herself.  I am lucky to have a few really close friends to talk to about this, one who has been through m/c and infertility herself, and another who also had a late loss.  I hate that they "know" how this feels, but at the same time I am so grateful to be able to talk to someone who really gets it.

Update:  nearing the end of our 2ww.  I talked my re into drawing betas tomorrow since we are leaving for vacation soon.  I had a bfn this morning, though, so I'm not really hopeful.

I will send a pm with a potential question...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Mary, 36, CA, TTC since 08/09

I am not planning on telling anyone that we have started TTC.  People ask when we are going to try, I just say, "eventually."  It's too much pressure when people know.  My DH was too excited (and competitive) and told his sister.  Which I'm annoyed at, but I will have to get over it- since she knows, all the in-laws know.    We are still in the "fun" stage, but I'm sure when it gets frustrating, I'll let my friends in.  

We'll be testing a week from today:) 

• Options

Everyone know we are TTC. 

I am waiting to O.  Sigh. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    Please add me to the success stories. We are due March 14. I still regularly lurk on this board because you ladies are GREAT and I like the positive, supportive vibes. I know that there are BFP's (and sticky babies) out there for all of you!!
  • Options

I love reading the weekly check in and seeing the list of BFP grow!  One day I hope to join the ranks.

But probably not this month.  I am 2ww but don't feel very hopeful about it.  Temp hasn't dropped but I have zero symptoms.  Just waiting for AF to rear her ugly head.

We haven't told a soul.  It's pretty hard not to when all my friends have kids and i know would offer so much advice and support.  But don't know how many times I could take hearing the "You preggers yet?" question, or the "relax it will happen" comment without breaking down, or killing one of them. 

• Options

This was my first and last Clomid cycle.  I will ovulate any second, as stated by my RE.  I don't have high hopes for this cycle since DH has trouble performing under pressure so our BD'ing is not so awesome.

I will move on to injectibles if no BFP. Indifferent

A few people know and only because we were pg in April and m/c in May.  So, the people that we told know we're trying but most don't know the extent of our challenges.  I confide mostly in my mom and a close friend....usually only if I'm having a meltdown and don't want to discourage DH.

• Options

Thanks for the welcome:)

I am waiting to O.  Day 6 today.  Also waiting for first RE appointment on Oct. 20th.  I'm really looking forward to that to get a plan together on what we can try.

Few people know we are having trouble ttc - even fewer know we had a miscarriage.  I mainly confide in a close friend who is a nurse - she is an awesome support - both because she can fill in medical details for me and she just listens w/o saying "just relax" etc.  Another friend knows, but is not as good a support.  She got pregnant right away w/both her kids and still is convinced everyone ovulates on day 14.  Sigh. 

Congrats to all the recent BFPs.  And thanks for all the info. and support you ladies provide.  I really appreciate this board!

• Options

TTC - Well, I guess I am still waiting to ovulate. MY OPKs are dark, close to positive one day, then bone white the next.  Obviously with still nursing my son this isn't going to happen tomorrow.  We cut out a few nursing sessions and replaced them with solid foods, so we'll see what that does for the old ovaries.

QOTW - Never have told anyone about us TTCing for #3 or #4, we just kinda brush it off as 'it will happen when it happens.'  Thankfully we never got to the more serious steps of TTC, we were able to make it happen on our own and are hoping for one more miracle to complete our family.

• Options

QOTW:  

I have told my parents and a handful of my close friends that we are TTC. When things get tough, I confide in you girls (thank you!) and my mom, and a tiny handful of friends.

UPDATE: Despite me being 39 and 11 months old and having high FSH, and DH having low form numbers, and us being told our chance of conception with ART was 5% or less per cycle, I just got a BFP!!!

I should get my first beta results this afternoon. Until then, I'm trying to work..ha ha.

• Options
    Hey what happened to my name ? We've been ttc since 3/08. We got our BFP last week I'm about 5 weeks KU. EDD is 6/2/10 approx We've confided in my younger sister and some friends but otherwise only the ladies here. No one knows we are pregnant except dh my bff and u ladies Have a good week everyone. Let's keep that BFP tornado going
  • Options

No real update here...  just waiting for my body to decide to return to ovulating and "normal".  just igmore my ticker, there is no way I ovulated this cycle, but I continue to temp.  Maybe I'll see a pattern.

QOTW - Everyone knows we are trying, some family and close friends know most of the details.

As always, congrats to all BFP's and Good Luck to everyone else!!!!

• Options
    please add me Tawnnie405 Okc TTC since 07
  • Options
    Forgot to put my age 36.
  • Options

Please add me too.  I am waiting for AF so I can start waiting for O.  All this waiting!  I don't miss this part at all :)  I've been using CBEFM for two months to try and figure out my new, strange cycle Confused 

A few people know we are thinking of another baby, but only three of my closest friends know that we are starting to try this month.  And I am 38.

Mother of a beautiful little boy 11/01/07! Expecting #2 EDD 9/28/11 What a wonderful surprise!!!
  • Options

Please add me.

FlgBride-35, AZ, TTC since 7/09.

QOTW:  

No one knows that we are TTC.  I'd prefer not to be hounded by those we know and love as to our "status".  As of now, I'm only confiding in DH and hopefully, you ladies.

dx: Fragile X Syndrome
  • Options

Hi!

QOTW:  
    Are you keeping your TTC journey a secret?  I was up until 2 months ago.  I have slowly started telling my close friends.  I also just totally told my neighbor everything which I didn't intend on doing but am glad I did.

Who are you not telling? I am not telling my one and only single friend.  She's having a hard time and I think me talkign about TTC would hurt her.  Who do you confide in (besides DH) for support?  The neighbor I just met, lol.  No really, I have 3 great friends from the bump whom I have become close with, and two of my best friends in life. 

Update on me: Cycle 13 just ended with failed IUI #1.  IUI #2 this month with same dose of all meds.  Annnnnnd, I hate my RE.

I hope you all are doing great and congrats to the BFPs!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hello. My 3 sisters know about my 2 mc but I don't confide in them or anyone else about anything. Honestly I'm so bitter I rarely come here anymore. I justvturned 40 and in my heart I just don't believe it will happen. And I want revenge on the world. I had a lap for endo at the end of June and the dr said totry for 3 mths on our own & call in Sept if I got my period. So now I'm having another hsg on Mon and an appt on 10/22 the receptionist said "to discuss superovulation". I guess I'll find out WTH that means then. I guess drugs & IUI?
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Update:  I start my Estrogen Priming (Vivelle patch) and Ganirelix on Monday.  I'm really hoping I get more follies, more eggs, more embryos, and maybe, just maybe one sticky one this time!

QOTW:  I would tell everyone, if I could.  Everyone knows we are TTC and most people know we are doing some kind of ART, but DH would rather keep it a secret.  Neither one of us has been too good at keeping quiet though.  We definitely haven't told his parents because they wouldn't understand ART, and I haven't told people at work because I don't want to be targeted for layoffs (since I might become pregnant).

• Options
    QE2QE2 member

Had my Cornell orientation. We're just waiting for AF to start co-culture process. Also dumped by original RE...said he will only cycle me once more, but I should move on to DE. Now, leaving for a wedding filled weekend in Cape May, NJ and LA.

We're way out of the TTC closet. Too many people kept asking when we were going to start a family. There's only so many ways to deflect this question. I started seeing a Resolve therapist for support?

TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hi all!

Things are going well with me, we saw the h/b at our last u/s. 174 bpm. I can officially be added to the mamas list (I sent you a PM, hav2run). 

We kept TTC a complete secret from everyone but the bumpies. The boards have been a Godsend. When we got our BFP, I told my 2 sisters but otherwise we have not told anyone else other than one of my friends who guessed. We plan on telling our parents after the next u/s, the NT scan, which is Oct 12. 

Good luck everyone!! ::HUGS::

• Options

can u add me to the list?

pugzillas - 39 - LA - TTC#1 since Jan.08 ? (BFP on Monday! ?but I'd wait to put me on the expecting list until i get thru the next few weeks, pleeze)?

?thanks, Susan?

oh and as for the QOTW -- I've had to tell some work people because I'm a freelancer and some scheduling issues already came up, ?Other than that, I've told just my closest friends, this time. ?

I had a m/c in Mar. 09,and w/ that preg. we told everyone at 10 weeks, and then told everyone about the m/c (trisomy 18) a couple of weeks later... ?I don't want to tell our families until we get good screening results this time around (KMFC). ?I guess that's kind of a strange decision, because their support was helpful last time, but DH & I are just going to keep it private this time, as much as possible. ?But I AM posting on thebump & love the support here! ?

• Options
    oops i put my location as LA, which is really CA! ?
  • Options

Update: 2ww, but my body is a mess this cycle after 2 cycles on clomid. I think it is confused. I O'd really early so I don't have much hope.

QOTW: I have told everyone and their brother. I am not very private, especially when something is on my mind a lot.  DH has made a couple of comments lately about me telling so many people so I think I need to watch myself.

• Options
    9dpo here!  This 2ww is my longest ever, I may try and test over the weekend since I haven't tested at all since we started TTC ~ AF always shows up early instead.
    Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Lots of BFP's in the above posts... congratulations to all you ladies! Best wishes to all of us on here!

We're not telling anyone. I just feel like its not their business and I dont think I could deal with telling people every month when AF comes. And hearing "just relax" would drive me bonkers. What can you say to that?

When we tried back in the spring for two months, I told all three of my best friends. And then told them when we stopped trying too. I debated sharing with them that we're trying again but am going to wait a few more months... My mom would be dying to know, and I know that she is hurt that I havne't mentioned this to her yet, but again I just don't want all the questions all the time. You know?

I just realized how negative I sounded. Sigh.

• Options

We told a few friends and family that we were trying. I talked mostly to you ladies about it. I confided in 3 friends about some of our issues and they were as supportive as they knew how to be.

I had my 2nd u/s today and everything looks good so you can move me over to the success side.  Just know that I plan on sticking around for a while though.

::blows baby dust on TTC+35::

• Options
    After my previous post saying I wasnt going to tell anyone, I ended up telling my best friend. She lives in NY and we've been friends since we were 10. We IM every day while at work, so I just blurted it out. She's considering #2 and got pg on the first try with #1. Lucky gal!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"