LGBT Parenting

Friday Feelings

How is everyone?
Mrs._F
sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Friday Feelings

• Good morning! I just realized I'm craving a maple frosted doughnut.  I wonder if I can sneak out and get one while my boss is in a meeting?

Other than that sudden craving things are good here.  I have an OB appt Monday but I think afterwards I'm going to switch OBs.  Neither K nor I have loved the doctors we've seen and after a phone call to the office yesterday I'm still not thrilled.  I've called the practice we want to switch to and they seem much warmer and friendlier.  

I officially have just one pair of jeans that I can button (other than maternity jeans) which is a bummer and exciting all at once.  I've ordered maternity clothes from Old Navy but everything, except the jeans, are still a bit too big.  I'm worried about having stuff to wear on the trip back home, and the for the wedding in particular. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually feel pretty good!  **knocks frantically on wood**

I am hungry all the time and can just barely manage to keep myself fed, lol, but I am feeling much better than before.  Still a little iffy in the mornings, and the afternoon commute is rough (I felt so sick on the bus yesterday afternoon!), but a definite improvement from before.  Still rocking the early bedtime and wishing we had an official nap time at work Wink

I am um, kind of big already.  It's all belly.  I ordered a few maternity things from Old Navy to take advantage of the sale, and neither the jeans, nor the denim skirt I bought were too big.  I need to return the jeans, as the low-rise doesn't work so well when I bend over...ahem.  But the denim skirt is cute, I just have to hem for my shortness, and the $10 top I got will be perfect when the belly gets a bit bigger.  I also got a dress - I think am going to live in cotton Old Navy maternity dresses.  An instant outfit for $25, appropriate for any occasion and comfortable?? Sign me up!  I can still wear some of my old jeans with the Be Band, and the few pairs that I bought in a size up with the band as well - that thing is a definite life saver!

Good luck with switching OBs Two!  It's nice that you knew right away you wanted to switch, so you can get in somewhere new asap.

Mrs._F

• Loading the player...
  • Hey Ladies, glad to hear you guys are doing well. I agree that the bella band (and rubber band trick) were lifesavers. Now I'm in maternity pants full time, which is frankly, awesome!

This week, I've been feeling really good too.  ::knocks on wood, throws salt over shoulder, says three hail marys, spins in circles::  Its been a full 7 days since I've been sick and most mornings this week I didn't even have any bad nausea! I'm hoping this is for real... week 19 is plenty long enough for the morning sickness to have lasted!

Two weeks to go until our "big u/s" and I cannot wait! I'm dying to see the gummy baby again and just want to know (either way, no preference) if its a boy or girl. I've been feeling the baby bopping around in there a bunch lately, pretty much everyday now, mostly in the evenings. The feelings are getting more distinct and I don't think it will be long before there are definitely kicks that Trav might be able to feel. So neat. 

Otherwise not too much to report... I still have times when I just don't feel like eating, even though I'm hungry, but those are getting farther apart. I'm eating more variety, though normally I know exactly what I want and nothing else will do! Things are going well! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Things here are good although all your talk of pregnancy makes me miss being pregnant which is funny since I was pretty misreable the whole time.  12 weeks of barfing and then the back pain and swelling, and umm organ failure and threat of stroke.  But I miss Ella swimming around in there.  I think I ovulated today and thought maybe we should try for a 2nd.  I think the lack of sleep is actually making me nuts!

I am struggling with relaxing and enjoying Ella and not stressing out over every little thing.  Hard to do when your baby is a preemie but I am trying all the same.  I am getting stressed about being on lock down until April.  How will I ever make it that long!

Brit I have a big bag of maternity clothes for you. Let me know if you would like them.  They are from a friend and so you can go through and take the stuff you want and then pass it on to the next pregnant lady.

• imagessg73:

Brit I have a big bag of maternity clothes for you. Let me know if you would like them.  They are from a friend and so you can go through and take the stuff you want and then pass it on to the next pregnant lady.

Sam, that is awesome!  We need to get together soon anyway so we can meet your beautiful girl!  Whenever is good for the three of you - let me know!

Your comment about trying for a second cracked me up.  Yes, the sleep deprivation is making you crazy.  Step away from the sperm! Smile

As a worrier myself, I can only imagine how you feel with your constant worries about Ella.  I guess you have to try to stay optimistic and have faith in your strong girl.

Mrs._F

• Feeling good - especially after my afternoon nap.  My partner and I went window shopping today in Port Townsend.  While I had my back turned, she bought me a birthday gift which I refuse to open until tomorrow! (it'll be the 4-0th) So, tomorrow, we're going to register at Target and go out to lunch with friends of ours! I am going to buy two "nursing" tanks tomorrow also so I have something comfortable to wear as my boobs get bigger! (They've been itching as in stretching out!) 

It is going to be fun this weekend! (Or so I hope! - Maybe I'll be emotional!)

Hugs to you all! 

• I live in nursing tanks.  I can't say enough great things about them.  Buy plenty you will need them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"