Birth Stories

VBAC (Vaginal birth after c- section)

Has anyone done it?  I had a C-Section with my first and we are trying to have another, but I am not sure if I want another C-Section.

Re: VBAC (Vaginal birth after c- section)

• There are a few VBAC birth stories on here if you look around.  I'm a VBAC hopeful as well.  GL!

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Yup!  My birth story is below (might be on the next page by this point).  I am SO happy I went vbac - it was an awesome experience and a much better recovery than my c-section.  My advice is to find some good support in a midwife (or very pro-vbac OB if you can find one) and a doula.

Good Luck!!

• Loading the player...
  • I attempted a VBAC and ruptured my uterus.  I'm not trying to discourage anyone, but definitely make sure that you understand the risks of whichever choice you make.
  • Chances of uterine rupture are the same for major complications with a section surgery. I had a successful vbac and am definitely going that way again.
  • imageD*sMayBride:
    Chances of uterine rupture are the same for major complications with a section surgery. I had a successful vbac and am definitely going that way again.

chances of rupture are often less than other major complications with a c/s.  I had a VBAC in August and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Know that there are risks with a VBAC and with a C/S, you just have to choose which set of risks you are more comfortable with.  Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm a hopeful as well.  3 of the 4 of the dr's in my medical group are very supportive. I hope it happens and an emergency c/s doesn't happen again.
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • i'm definitely hoping to have a vbac.  DS # 1 was a vaginal delivery and recovery was pretty easy compared to the c/s w/ DS # 2.  i had to have a c/s b/c he was breech and i had no amniotic fluid.  ob ok'd a vbac 3mo after the delivery of DS # 2 so we're hoping we get pg. soon.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"