Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

CL Rocker Set - PIP

What do you guys think of this set for a nursery?  It's a chair, rocker, and ottoman, listed for $150.

Does used apholstered furniture freak you out?
What would you pay for it?
image 1399132748-0

image 1399132748-3

http://www.SoooBig.WordPress.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: CL Rocker Set - PIP

• Options
    It's hard to say because it's not my style, so I wouldn't pay anything for it.  But if you love it, you should go for it.  I don't think it looks especially comfy, but who knows, maybe try it out first?
  • Options

It really doesnt look like a rocker to me...especially the ottoman.   It looks really old and dusty (the wood especially).  I would inspect it very closely..and give it a good sniff.  :)

I wouldnt pay $150 for it...seems high, unless it is an antique or something.

Does it go with the color scheme in your nursery? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would get it reupholstered for looks and for sanitary purposes. And I also would not pay $150 - probably $75 max, considering I'd have to recover it.
  • Options
    If it was fixed up it could be really nice.  I too would try to come down on the price. 
    _DSC0132.jpg
  • Options
    I would probably pay $75 for it.  Definitely worth looking at since it looks to be real wood.  Reupholster and it could be great.  I bought our glider/ottoman used off CL and recovered it after washing the cushions.  It works great and was a steal.
  • Options
    It's not my style either so $150 is too expensive for me cause I'd HAVE to reupholster it.. saying that you'd have to cover the costs to reupholster if you're thinking of sanitary purposes anyways so I'd expect not to pay that much to begin with.. IMO
  • Options

150 seems a little high for this especially if you want to have it recovered. Is it an antique? It doesn't really look like a rocker though.

It looks like the furniture my parents had when I was a little kid. It isn't ms but if it's yours then that's fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have a rocker that looks similar to this.  FIL gave it to DH before we bought a house together so I aquired it.  DH was rocked in it when he was a child and although I think its ugly with the orange plaid design on it now I am thinking about having it recovered and wood stained for the nursery and giving up my dream of the eco glider from PBK.  I think if you recover it to match the nursery or in some cool more modern pattern I think it would look a lot better!
    Krissy and Craig
    Mr. & Mrs. as of May 23, 2009
    Parents to Baby Jack as of March 4, 2010
    and Bobbi Claire June 7, 2012
  • Options
    Nope it does not scream "baby room" to me.  It screams OLD LADY.
    image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP 7/7/08, M/C 7/8/08, BFP 9/23/08, M/C 9/24/08, BFP 11/2/08 TWINS!,
    Lost Our 10 month old Baby Boy Rowan 3/12/10 BFP 8/25/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"