Maryland Babies
Options

OB recs at GBMC and St. Joes?

Hi everyone. DH and I are going to TTC soon and I need to find an OB since my GYN no longer does OB. Can anyone recommend an OB at GBMC or St. Joes? Thx!

My gyn recommended Deborah Hebb and Sandra Quartner at GBMC and Nauman/Daya and Joanne Lim & associates at St. Joes....anyone use them?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OB recs at GBMC and St. Joes?

• Options
    I go to Capital Women's Care.  There are 5 OBs that you rotate between but I absolutely LOVE all of them.  They deliver at St. Joes and have offices at St. Joes and one in Glen Burnie (not sure the exact location of that one - I go to Towson).
  • Options
    I see Dr. Nauman and hes fantastic. He delivered my first child as well. Its just him- Dr. Daya just shares an office. I love having a private practice. He delivers at GBMC though, not St. Joes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dr. Meera Rawtani - she's in Towson, delivers at St. Joes.  In fact, her office is right next door from St. Joes, in the Professional Center.  She's been my OB/GYN for over 10 years.  I love that she's a solo practice.  You're never seen by anyone else.
  • Options
    I see Dr. Erdman at GBMC...It's called Charles Street OBGYN...she is great and they have good hours!
  • Options
    I see Dr. Andrea Collerius at St. Joes.  She's great!  She's part of a practice but the only one who does OB so you always see her or the NP who is great too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I go to Capital Women's Care (St. Joe's) and while they are fine, I do not love them at all. I think Drs. Zern and Facciola (o) are cold; terrible bedside manner. They might be good doctors, but, you know what, a smile goes a long way.

The CWC practice is too big (they rush you through)  and I don't like not knowing who will show up at my delivery. It is too late now to change but should I have another baby, I will go the solo practice route or a midwife.

• Options
    hjf2Bhjf2B member
    I see Dr. Erdman at Charles Street OB/GYN as well, and I really like her!  She delivers at GBMC.  I'm still early on in my pregnancy, but I've been very happy so far.
  • Options
    I second Dr. Meera Rawtani.  I also love the fact that you are only ever seen by her.  She's very nice!
  • Options
    Just another POV - I also go to Capital Women's Care, been a patient there for 15+ years and I love 80% of them (the new guy, eh, not so much), Dr. Zern particularly.  I was surprised to see a PP has experienced her as cold - maybe it was an off day...every time I've seen her she's been very warm, willing to chat, and I've never felt rushed by any of the docs through three pregnancies. 
  • Options
    Joan Blomquist at GBMC, she's an OB/GYN.  I've been seeing her for years and I really like her.
  • Options
    I just tried to get in with Dr. Blomquist and she isn't accepting new patients. I am also in the hunt for a new OBGYN. Just POAS and it said POSITIVE! New to this area and don't want to travel to my old one 1 hr. away.
  • Options
    I see Dr. Allen at GBMC. ?Her practice is there in the east paviolion. ?She is great, there are two other women in her practice, but I only have seen them in Dr. Allen is in delivery or away on vacation. ?I have been very pleased with her.
  • Options

I go to Charles St. OBGYN at GBMC...Dr.Singh. He is wonderful! Actually all the women in my family go there and I know lots of other people that go to the other doctors at the practice: Erdman or Ottenritter.

I noticed alot of other women replied with Dr.Erdman...I'm so glad to see, as at my office there's always the possiblity one of the other doctors could be there for the delievery.

Best of Luck!

• Options

imageCuriousParty:
    Just another POV - I also go to Capital Women's Care, been a patient there for 15+ years and I love 80% of them (the new guy, eh, not so much), Dr. Zern particularly.  I was surprised to see a PP has experienced her as cold - maybe it was an off day...every time I've seen her she's been very warm, willing to chat, and I've never felt rushed by any of the docs through three pregnancies. 

The new guy (Dr. Guidice) is actually one of my favorites. He is very, very concerned about making sure you are comfortable and I think he has a great bedside manner. Dr. Zern cold??? I can't believe that someone had that experience with her! I think she's wonderful. She was the doctor on call when I went in to labor with my first child. She was just amazing. I felt very nurtured by her and felt like she went above and beyond.

Dr. Buescher actually delivered my baby and while she isn't the warmest doctor in the practice she is the one I trust the most. I am 100% positive that my health and safety and that of my baby is the most important thing to her and she did a great job with my c-section. Not only that- but when it came time to talk about a VBAC for this baby she was so encouraging. Her bedside manner isn't the greatest but it is far overshadowed by what a great doctor she is.

• Options
    I also recommend Charles Street OBGYN at GBMC. I see Dr. Singh but Dr. Erdman and Dr. Ottenritter ended up delivering my son (emergency c-section). I couldn't be happier with the practice! they are all great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"