Baby Showers

Just curious for honest opinions

Obviously it's WAY too early for me to be thinking about this, but I was on here looking for ideas for a coworker's shower that I'm hosting and decided to throw it out there.

I have a 7 year old daughter from a previous marriage.  My current husband and I are expecting a child in May.  What do you think about our families wanting to throw a shower for us?

Re: Just curious for honest opinions

• Are you asking if it is taboo? You will get a mix of thoughts on this subject. I personally don't see any harm if your family offers to have a party. I would not seek a shower but would not refuse if they offer. Good luck. 
  • I think given the age difference and assuming this is your dh's first child most people would be okay with a baby shower for baby number 2. 

You may get a lot of responses though stating that baby showers are for first time mom's only or people suggesting a meet the baby party or even a shower where your husband is the "guest of honor" as opposed to yourself since (I'll assume here) you've already experienced a baby shower thrown in your honor.  Either way, best of luck and if some offers to throw you a shower, enjoy it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have an 11 year from a previous relationship and my DH has a 9 year olf from a previous relationship. ?His family is throwing us a shower for this baby. ?It is our first child together obviously we have a whole new set of friends. ?Our family is excited about have a new baby around. ?I see nothing wrong with it have the shower and enjoy it. ?This is an exciting time in your and DH life!
  • I think it's fine if you family would like to throw you a shower.  :)
  • While I am not a big proponent of SHOWERS for subsequent children, 7 years is a big gap, and if your families are OFFERING, then I really don't see the harm.  THey want to help you out. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I agree with EastCoastBride.  Whether your DH has children or not, I'm sure he is not going to be having the baby gear in his possession. 
  • Personally, I think it's fine.  Every child should be celebrated, imo, and especially since it's been so long since your first child was born, it would be nice if you are offered a shower.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• sjpsjp member
    5 years + and I think it is fine if someone offers to throw you one--
    BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations and enjoy the celebration!  I don't see any harm in your family wanting to throw a shower to celebrate you and your current DH new family!

At least it is not like my hillbilly cousin who has never been married, is 24 and has 5 kids all by different dads and throws herself a shower each time!  I sware I get an invitaiton every year for a shower for her!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"