Working Moms

Comments by daycare teacher

Hi ladies,

Again - I need your opinion on something at daycare. Please don't laugh or flame.

There's a teacher at daycare who really like DS. She calls him her little boyfriend and she always holds him and talks to him etc. She teaches another class but comes to visit him daily, feed him when she can etc. When they go outside, she always puts him in the swing, pushes him in the stroller etc. That's great and I feel comfortable with that...but I heard her call him 'sexy' and one morning she called him 'husband'. Would this make your uncomfortable? What would you do?

TIA!

Re: Comments by daycare teacher

• Bizzaro!!!! If she were in the classroom it might be a stickier situation but she does not have reason to do these things. Is normal that teacher from other rooms cover breaks?? I would talk to the director. Tell her the language makes you uncomfortable. More than likely it is innocent but I HATE when children are called 'sexy'. 'Boyfriend' doesn't bother me but 'sexy' gave me the creeps!

• Yeah, that's a little creepy.

I'd just be blunt and say to the director, " I love that X is so fond of my son, but her language makes me uncomfortable"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'd have a problem with that--and I would consider talking to the director about it.  I might request that she not have further contact with my child.  I am fairly paranoid about that sort of thing, though.
  • did she used to be his caregiver in another room?  or she just thinks he is adorable and wants to feed/play ect?

i could understand if she had a bond with your ds b/c she watched him for a while and then he moved to another room but i don't understand why she needs to see him everyday or what the connection is?

that aside, yes the language would bother me.  talk to the director.

• Have u read Twilight?  I think she maybe a twilight loon and thinks this is normal...  its not!!!  does she change his diaper?  id talk to other teachers
  • I guess I wouldn't "worry" that there was abuse or anything, but I really don't want my DS to learn the word "sexy" right now (especially to use it himself, that would be embarrassing!) so that would really bother me.
  • imageDoughGirl:

Yeah, that's a little creepy.

I'd just be blunt and say to the director, " I love that X is so fond of my son, but her language makes me uncomfortable"

I'll do this

• imagesusan1017:
    Bizzaro!!!! If she were in the classroom it might be a stickier situation but she does not have reason to do these things. Is normal that teacher from other rooms cover breaks?? I would talk to the director. Tell her the language makes you uncomfortable. More than likely it is innocent but I HATE when children are called 'sexy'. 'Boyfriend' doesn't bother me but 'sexy' gave me the creeps!

I agree with this. Boyfriend doesn't bother me, but the "sexy" does. If she's young, it likely means nothing but those are age inappropriate words.

• Hell yes that would make me uncomfortable!  Even if said in a joking/loving way, she should understand her place and know that this will most likely make a parent uncomfortable.  I would talk to the director about it. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Ok that is just weird.
  • Definitely creepy!! "Husband?!" and "Sexy?!" are not things to be calling your DS.  I'd contact her and/or director.
  • she probably has no clue how innapropriate it is, especially in this day and age with so much sexual harrasement/abuse.  It's not okay.  Talk to the director first and tell them that you are personally going to address the situation if that's what you want to do.  otherwise, have the director address it for you.  I especially don't like the word sexy being learned at this age.

• That would freak me out a little bit. I'd probably ask her to stop calling him that, and if she continued, talk to the director.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • very odd.

i'd say something to the director- let her talk to this worker and tell her to cool it- and use appropriate language.

• Working with kids, I would say address her first and then address the director. I always encourage my parents to talk to staff if something isn't right, and then come tell me so I am aware of the situation as well.
  • Just curious, but is English her first language?  I ask because our Honduras born nanny, who spoke English well but not perfectly, a couple times referred to DD as "sexy."  For example, one morning I had her in a dress with tights and nanny said, "Oh Lila, looking very sexy today!"  But from the context and delivery it was clear that she didn't fully grasp the meaning or proper usage of the word and it was basically harmless.

Just playing devil's advocate.  If English is her primary language then yeah... that's weird.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"