Upstate NY Babies

How many children do you want?

I always thought I wanted only two, but now I am leaning towards three..just haven't convinced DH yet! I come from a large family and have always loved having a bunch of siblings.

Re: How many children do you want?

• Probably 3..
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • I def want 3 but DH wants 2. I could probably go for 4 or 5 though if DH wanted more :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I always thought 3, but now I'm leaning more towards 2. DH would be happy w/ 1! We won't be trying for another for at least 2 more years.
  • I want at least 3, but would be open to many more. DH and I always wanted lots of kids. I am blessed with a husband who is very open to life (wouldn't have married him otherwise). 

imageimageimage
  • We would be happy with one, but we'd like for Rosie to have a sibling, so we'll have two. 

I feel very guilty that we're not super enthusiastic to have another, like it says that I don't like being a parent or something.  I think I also feel guilty because I know so many people who have two under two, and I'm the only person I know who isn't clamoring to have another.  Watch, next time around I'll have twins! Stick out tongue

• 2 max.. so this is it with our second DD. 

Both of us are only children, my parents are deceased, we are estranged from MIL and barely talk to FIL.. but 3 feels like a stretch to us, we want to devote as much as we can to our children so 2 feels like a great ratio.

• My husband would love to have four children.  I always wanted two children, but four has been growing on me.  We are very blessed to be having this one.  Hopefully, we will be able to have more.
  • I always said I only wanted 2, but I'm ready for #3.  DH always said he wanted 3, but now he wants to stop at 2.
  • I would like 4, DH would like 2. 3 seems like a good compromise.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We'd be happy with just Ian, but we want him to have a sibling. We'd like to try for one more after he turns 2.
  • I'd love 3 or 4...DH says only 2.  If we have another boy, I think I can convince him to try for a girl :)  I know he wants a daughter.  He wanted G to be a girl.  I have 3 siblings....but grew up with just one.  My parents adopted my 2 youngest siblings while I was in college.  My biggest fear is that we'll have trouble getting pregnant again.  We got preggo so easily the first time and I don't want to have an only child. 

• We would love to have a bunch - but I don't think I have it in me, to be honest. If I could give birth to a toddler - then maybe. But the infancy stage has been so rough on me and we have no help in the area...I never thought those two things would be issues, but they really are.

We'll probably stop at two biological children and we hope to adopt as well.

• Well, I would love 3 or 4....but I am getting up there and it took so long to get Ryan that we may not get to that number. I am blessed with 1, but hope for at least 2!

We will not be waiting long to try for #2, like maybe when R is 6 mos old......we wont kill ourselves trying but won't avoid either.

However, I guess we need to have sex to get pregnant.....that has not happened yet! lol

• DH wants 2, and I want 4, so we will probably end up compromising at 3.  I think he would be easily convinced to go past 2 if this next one is a girl because he definitely wants a son, and we are the only ones that can carry on the family name.  We will see what happens with #2 and how we both feel after that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have always wanted 4 or 5 but we'll see how birth of the first one goes- DH said he'd like 2 but after he found out it was a boy he was like, "we're done, right?"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We both want 2, so after my son is born that will be it. 
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we want to have 2
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 3.  DH wants them all to be close and at this rate they will be (18 months apart).  I think I will want a pregnancy break after this next one and there may be a few years between #2 and #3.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"