Two Under 2
Options

Failed 1 hour glucose test - crap

I'm so bummed. I passed the 1 hr glucose test easily with DD#1. With this pregnancy though I was borderline (139) so they asked me to retake the test. I re-took it yesterday morning but threw up 30 min into the test and then had to take it again in the afternoon. I failed - 157 (!!) this time. Crap. So they want me to take the 3 hour test and I really really don't want to. I still get sick and am on meds (reglan) to help the vomiting so I am not optimistic that I can make it through the 3 hour test without vomiting. I'm asking if they'll let me do 1 week of blood sugar monitoring instead - doc says it's not policy but will check. 

Anyone get GD for 2nd pregnancy but not first?  Anyone fail the 1 hour but pass the 3 hour? Anyone that suffers from bad m/s manage to pass the 3 hour test?

TIA!

Re: Failed 1 hour glucose test - crap

• Options
    I failed the 1 hour with DS1, but passed the 3 hour with flying colors. With DS2 I passed the 1 hour. So it can be different from pregnancy to pregnancy. Good luck, I hope you dont get sick!!
  • Options
    ^Thanks! Your answer gives me hope!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I passed the 1 hr with DD#1.  I failed the 1 hour with DD#2, BUT passed the 3 hour with no problem.  My levels never even reached 85 with the 3 hour test.  GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"