Baby Showers
Options

Need Ideas for a Fall themed Shower...

My cousins shower is Nov 1st and she doesn't know the sex, and her colors are cream and browns. Sooo. we are going to do baby pumpkins, and baby pumpkin breads. 
ANY ideas?!?!

Re: Need Ideas for a Fall themed Shower...

• Options
    Leaves, fall scented candles, pumpkin bars or pumpkin cheesecake...pumpkin shaped sugar cookies or individual servings of homeade hot chocolate would make great favors!
  • Options
    I say decorate w/ leaves (real will cost less money); apple, pumpkin & sweet potato pies; warm apple cider; colors of orange will really set off the cream & brown colors.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mmmm...I was going to suggest sweet potato pie and hot apple cider (you can make some spiced...that went over really well at a party we had!).  Fall colored leaves...if you use real ones make sure you put them in books (old telephone books work well) or they curl up fairly quickly.  You can do cranberry foods as well.  Lots of orange and brown and reds.  Turkey sandwiches would go with the theme...or chicken with orange sauce and maybe winter squash if you are having a hot meal.
  • Options
    This sounds great! Someone posted on here a few days ago that they were having a Sugar and Spice shower! All the foods were either sugar or spice! Very neat!!!
  • Options

I co-hosted one last year for a friend of mine and here's some of the pics. The momma LOVED it! 

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Options

You can't see very well in the pic above....but these were also our favors at the end.  

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! And Jessa, thanks for the PiP, I love the candy corn ideas!
  • Options
    A great favor idea would be to give everyone caramel apples as favors. The ones by Affy Tapple, (which you can find anywhere...jewel, wal-mart...etc...), are cheap and taste very good. At my fall themed weeding, I gave them as favors. I took them out of the plastic pouches and put them in clear cellophane bags and tied them with a colored ribbon and added a personalized tag. They were a HUGE hit!
    me~ 36 DH~35 
    Married in 2006, together since 2002
    TTC since late 2007
    Charting, ovulation testing, etc...
    9 cycles of clomid =BFN
    Met with RE in Dec. 2008
    Diagnosed with lean pcos/ anovulatory 
    IVF #1 April 2009=BFP!
    DD born 1.14.2010
    1 snow baby on ice since April 2009
    FET scheduled for February 2016
  • Options

We did a Lil' Pumpkin theme for my cousin. The centerpieces were small carved out pumpkins with flowers and we got a pumpkin cake mold from Williams Sonoma. For some reason I can't find the pictures though, but sure you can find some similar stuff online.

By the way, congrats! I can see by your ticker that you got the boy :)

• Options

Yes

These are great ideas.  Some friends are having a couples/coed shower for DH and I on Oct 24 with a Fall theme.

I think we are also going to serve some cider (one blended with alcohol and one without).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Great i deas, ladies!
  • Options
    I would just do a lot of pumkin decorations (maybe make some glitter pumpkins), fall foliage, and fall colored candles.  Do all warm tones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"