Washington Babies

Prenatals / DHA

I have already found a generic prenatal I like [Safeway brand] but my doc told me to add a DHA supplement.  Anyone have one they like that settles easily?  I was going to check Safeway today, but I'll drive and check out GNC or Super Supplements if need be.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prenatals / DHA

• I just take fish oil capsules - I get mine at Costco.  I take them at night before bed to avoid the fish burps.
  • Do they have any fish smell?  I hate all seafood and fish smell makes me gag.  Hmmm....I could take them with ice cream every night, that might cover any smell!
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • No they don't smell.  But I do get burps that taste like fish - so I would take it right before bed so you don't taste it.

I think that you need EHA and DHA together, and that's why fish oil is better than just DHA.   But I'm not sure about that... someone else might know.

I had some fish oil supps that were "Eskimo" brand and the ydidn't have fish burps at all.  Some are lemon flavored too to help with that.  I've also heard people say to freeze them so that they take longer to melt an absorb and the fish burp issue is lessened as well.

• Trader Joe's Salmon Oil and Flaxseed oil. I also really like Thorne Research Basic Prenatal. It's a capsule instead of a big horsepill and b/c it's not solid it is absorbed better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For a while I was taking the children's Omega 3 chewy vitamins. Now I take Cod Liver Oil in pill form. I don't get the fish burps, if I take them after my breakfast and two glasses of water.

I have heard you can freeze them to try and avoid the fish burps.

• Nordic Naturals Strawberry Flavor.  It's at Super Supplements.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ditto the costco brand. I take it with food to mask the fish burps. But before bed is a good idea too.
  • I take the strawberry ones as well. They actually smell really good.
  • imagekaskade:
    Do they have any fish smell?  I hate all seafood and fish smell makes me gag.  Hmmm....I could take them with ice cream every night, that might cover any smell!

I take "Mor DHA" I got it at Super supplements.  It's kinda expensive (I think between $20-30 per bottle) but it has a lemon smell and doesn't taste/smell fishy at all! Super Supps has several choices, so I'm sure you could find one there! GL :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"