Stay at Home Moms

RP: Should I pay her?

Help! Will has had 2 days of his new speech therapy this week (coming in another post) and I had to sit in with him because he would not leave my side. Crying, tears, the whole nine yards. So the supervising therapist suggested I stay in with him and Blake (my oldest) could stay in with her. I said okay sure. Well....today she said that she didn't mind him staying with her on mondays but on wednesdays she has another student to monitor too and it would be better if he could not come those days. I wasn't offended, it's not her job to watch my kid.

My friend (who has a 3yr old and a 2 yr old) said he could come to her house for the 45 minutes that Wills in speech therapy. I said sure that would be awesome. (I watched her kids a few times for a few hours apiece while they were moving/working on the house, etc) So I have two questions....should I see if he can come to her house BOTH days, as long as I need to sit in with Will? Also, should I offer to pay her for watching him? It's only an hour, maybe two, a week. But it is 1-2 hrs she can't go anywhere. What to you think?

Blake 04/29/05 Will 06/12/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RP: Should I pay her?

• Yes, if you are going to ask her to take him both days for an hour or two a day for an extended period of time I would at least offer to pay her.  She may say no but I would be sure the offer was made.
  • imageJerseygirl16:
    Yes, if you are going to ask her to take him both days for an hour or two a day for an extended period of time I would at least offer to pay her.  She may say no but I would be sure the offer was made.

Ditto! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • If it was just a one time thing where you'd bring him and that would be it, then no I wouldn't think to pay. But if you are thinking about doing this on a regular basis, like twice a week for several weeks in a row or more, then absolutely you need to at least offer to pay. If she says no, then make sure you keep offering to help out with her kids. Yes, I'd try to Blake go somewhere else rather than having a therapist stay with him every week. Even though it's not a big deal, it's still not part of her job.?
  • I think that it would be nice to offer, or at least trade baby-sitting hours and/ or bring her a thank you gift. 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I really like the trading offer.  I would love to switch off with someone a few hours a week:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"