2nd Trimester
Options

Freezing Meals for After Baby's Arrival

Is anyone planning on doing this?  Cooking in bulk and freezing meals for after baby's arrival so dinners will be easier?

Just picked up a freezer today for the garage and I'm starting to think about yummy cook-ahead meals.  Any suggestions? 

Re: Freezing Meals for After Baby's Arrival

• Options

I don't cook, so send some my way!  lol

But if I did, I'd so make some chicken parmesan, maybe some chicken & dumplins or chicken & rice?  I'm a big box-meal person so hamburger helper is so in :)

• Options
    Turkey Chili, Turkey Taco Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup, Brocolli Rice Casserole, spaghetti sauce.. :) Yum. I love freezing stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My MIL keeps asking for ways she can help out so I told her she can cook for us when the baby is born.  I don't like frozen meals so it works out well for me. 
  • Options

My friend just told me about it.  I might do a few but DH said he does not mind cooking...

I cannot find the link she sent me but if I locate it I will send it your way.

• Options
    More power to you!!! I am not much a cook and don't have a lot of freezer space so I am not going to cook ahead. One bumpie posted that she already had 16 meals frozen!!! She was really nesting! :)
  • Options
    If we had more freezer space I probably would... we're big costco goers though so we never have ANY space. My parents live down the street, and DH likes to cook so I probably won't make any. I'll just make sure we have some frozen lasagna and that sorta stuff on hand. GL! I'm glad that freezer worked out for you.
  • Options

Ah... one of my favorite topics!!! I'm going to fess-up and admit that I'm that bumpie who already had 16 frozen meals sitting in her freezer. That number has since multiplied to 23 meals due to some late-night cooking (I am taking the night off tonight though)!

I made a list on my blog of all of the meals I've made so far and frozen. Here's the link for you:

https://nowforeverandalways.blogspot.com/2009/09/late-night-kitchen-adventures.html

If anything sounds particularly good, let me know and I'll PM you the recipe!

• Options
    I'm planning on making at least 2 weeks of meals and freezing them but I'm not due until March 15th so I probably need to wait a couple more months before I start with all that.  One of my favorite freezer meals is stuffed shells!  It works best if you cook the shells partially and then stuff them and freeze them in a big ziplock bag.  Freeze the sauce seperateley.  When you want to eat them let the shells thaw in the fridge then putthem in a baking dish and top with sauce and cheese.  I do this every fall when I make stuffed shells and as long as you freeze the shells w/o the sauce it re-heats perfectly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"