North Carolina Babies
Options

what do you do w/ all the stuffed animals?

Scott's room is starting to overflow with stuffed animals and I'm not sure what to do with them exactly.  I think we will donate some but some are from family that look for them when they are here.  Ugh!  I actually do not like having a ton of stuffed animals around.  Anyway, are there any good solutions to this. I've thought about trying to put up some shelves to put them on but to be honest (and lazy!) that seems like too much work/effort to go to to display them.  :)  Maybe I need to delegate this to DH? ;)
Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: what do you do w/ all the stuffed animals?

• Options
    When I was little I had one of those nets you hang in the corner and all my animals were in it.  Eli doesn't have too many (yet), so most of his sit in a basket in his room.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a 2nd toybox & all the stuffed animals go in that, except for the beanie babies which they love to play with so they stay in a laundry basket for them to dump out and play with regularly.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageflamencogal:
    ...but some are from family that look for them when they are here.  ...

I hate when family does this!  There is just no way to keep everything forever!  I think my Mom is the worst.  She wants a picture of him in every outfit she gets him or with every animal or toy she's bought him.  I was actually fussed at last night because I haven't sent her a picture of him with the Mickey she bought him!

Sorry for my vent Embarrassed!  I think shelves are a good option if you want them displayed.  You could put some of them in a tote and swap them out occasionally for him too, then they always seem new! 

• Options

imagesurfnsandbride:
    She wants a picture of him in every outfit she gets him or with every animal or toy she's bought him.  I was actually fussed at last night because I haven't sent her a picture of him with the Mickey she bought him!

Our moms should hang out. I think they'd get along famously. Tongue Tied

But, as far as the stuffed animals go, I just keep Holly's in a big basket in the corner. So far, it's not too bad, but if there were more, I'd probably get some sort of toy box to throw them in...and slowly start saying good bye to some of them, one at a time. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Just donate them to your local red cross, police department, and fire department.  When family asks tell the truth:  your child's room looked like a stuffed animal factory and there was no way that he/she could play with them all.  Therefore, you donated them to comfort children that are faced with unfortunate situations.  If they have heartache with this -- oh well.
  • Options
    imagesurfnsandbride:

[I think my Mom is the worst.  She wants a picture of him in every outfit she gets him or with every animal or toy she's bought him.  I was actually fussed at last night because I haven't sent her a picture of him with the Mickey she bought him!

This is my mom also.  Drives me nuts!

Right now we have them in a basket that is overflowing.  Once I refinish my old toy chest, we're going to put them in there.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We used to have one of those nets in the corner of the room, but that just got too full and kept falling down.  SO, I took a fleece blanket, folded it over and sewed up 2 sides.  Then on the open side I put some velcro, and we stuff all the animals in that.  It provides a big comfy soft place to sit and read books, but the animals are easy for them to get out if they want to play with them.  The girls have loved this!
  • Options
    A note about giving them away to the police or fire fighters.  A friend of ours is a police officer and he says they keep several stuffed animals in their patrol cars, if there is a child on scene when they are called out they usually give one to the child.  He says it makes a world of differance for the child.
  • Options
    We don't have that many stuffed animals so I don't have any advice, but knowing your DH, I would not delegate this to him if you actually want to get rid of any of them LOL! Stick out tongue
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesurfnsandbride:
    A note about giving them away to the police or fire fighters.  A friend of ours is a police officer and he says they keep several stuffed animals in their patrol cars, if there is a child on scene when they are called out they usually give one to the child.  He says it makes a world of differance for the child.

Oh my gosh, this is SO cute!!!

• Options

imageMrsJones2005:
    We used to have one of those nets in the corner of the room, but that just got too full and kept falling down.  SO, I took a fleece blanket, folded it over and sewed up 2 sides.  Then on the open side I put some velcro, and we stuff all the animals in that.  It provides a big comfy soft place to sit and read books, but the animals are easy for them to get out if they want to play with them.  The girls have loved this!

I love this idea!  And it could be a fleece blanket that coordinates with the room decor!

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options
    I am getting something from Ikea to hang from the ceiling (it's only $5).  It should fit a bunch of stuffed animals.  DH's neice has one and fits a bunch in there.  I am going to hang it in the corner, behind the glider.  https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10096163
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"