Pregnant after 35
Options

My shoulder is so sore after flu shot...

When the nurse stuck the needle in I said "oh, that really really hurts." So while the needle was still in my arm she said "oh, yeah, you are thin, I forgot to warn you, this is really going to hurt you.  Take some tylenol if you want and be prepared for it to hurt for a day or so."  And that was it, I was so mad. 

At least if I was prepared for it it wouldn't have been so bad.  As the day progresses and my shoulder feels more and more like someone punched me I am reminded of how mean she was! 

Sad 

At least I got a free sample of the new Purell lotion! 

Re: My shoulder is so sore after flu shot...

• Options
    Yikes!  I just got back from my regular doc's to get the flu shot.  Mine didn't hurt so much going in, so I hope it doesn't get too sore later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry you had a bad experience. Mine didn't hurt at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got one today and my shoulder is starting to get sore as well if I lift my arm up high.  Nothing terrible yet, but still annoying.    I hate shots. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was very sore a puffy for 3 days! OUCH!
  • Options

My shot didn't hurt when I got it, but the next day my arm was so sore it hurt to lift it.  I also felt flushed and hot the day after too.  I hope that was a sign my body was making antibodies!

• Options
    Did you get the preservative free one?  Mine was sore, red and puffy for a few days but then I was fine.
  • Options
    I've gotten the flu shot for the last few years, and my arm is sore every time.  :(  Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options

imageGossip Girl:
    Did you get the preservative free one?  Mine was sore, red and puffy for a few days but then I was fine.

I'm not sure, but I got it from my ob.  There was a questionnaire I had to fill out before getting it and since my answers were no to all of the allergy questions I am going to assume it was not preservative free.  

• Options
    Mine was sore for about 3 days afterward, I really noticed it when I was trying to go to sleep...that is the side that I lay on. 
    Canon 60D: Canon 50mm 1.8 & 85mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4
  • Options
    For future reference... you can always ask them to give it in your hip instead.  I always do that.  It is a bigger muscle and doesn't hurt as much   :)
  • Options
    I'm not sure, but I got it from my ob.  There was a questionnaire I had to fill out before getting it and since my answers were no to all of the allergy questions I am going to assume it was not preservative free. 

The allergy questions are about something else. The vaccines are grown up in egg. If you are allergic to egg, you can't get the shot.

Since you got it at your OB, chances are that it was preservative-free (or only a trace). Did you notice if it was from a multidose vial or from a "one-off" vial (just for you)? The preservatives are only used in multidose vials, I think.

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"