Preemies
Options

Is flu season over yet?

I really try hard not to overly freak out (it doesn't happen much, but I try).  But this swine flu thing really has me worrying constantly.  A friends mom just died from it and I know that is part of what is adding to my anxiety, but this is just really bad.  When DS was a baby I kept him in and protected him from the germs, but now he is 4 and while I limit what I can I still have to let him go out somewhat.  I think I will feel a little better after he gets the vaccine.  April can't come soon enough. There isn't much point to this post, but it felt good to get it out.
Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)

Re: Is flu season over yet?

• Options

Amen, sister. Amen.

I spent half the day today trying to convince people that vaccines are important and that even though Robbie will get his, it's still very imp't that the people around him also do because the less people who get it, the less likely HE is to get it and it could be deadly to him.

I'm honestly more worried about the seasonal flu than the swine flu (the swine flu has a relatively low mortality rate, honestly) but flu is flu and Robbie gets and cold and starts wheezing, so the flu could literally kill him. He's in daycare now and I'm scared to death of him getting it there. We won't be taking him out much to other places, but I can't avoid everything because I *HAVE* to work this year.

• Options
    Ditto you you ladies too.  I don't know what's worse my anxiety over their getting sick or my anxiety over getting them the therapy they need which is going to be around lots of other kids.  At least when they get in their feeding program every kid has to be checked in for the day by a nurse who will send both my guys home if one is looking sick in order to protect the other kids there, some of whom are cancer and transplant patients.  But the other programs we're in are open to the public because it's through the state.  And they do so much better when they are around other people their own general age too.  Can't win for losing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My new attendance policy for my classes (I teach at a community college) is:  if you are sick, don't come.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"