Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Need advice - confronting the neighbors

OP is here (with the OOP in there too).https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/22104473.aspx

Next week the crazy biitch upstairs is requesting a meeting with us and the property manager to confront us about how obscene we are as neighbors because our baby crying in the middle of the night, and occasionally as she falls asleep, is SO inconsiderate. Blah blah blah.

So I need advice on what we should say at this meeting. We are both very rational and calm people, and clearly have done no wrong here (nor have we done anything illegal, etc). I am beyond words at how to respond when she comes down to yell at me like she did tonight (again)...she will NOT leave us alone. AT least we'll have time to prepare for this. Help! Thoughts please? THANKS!

Re: Need advice - confronting the neighbors

• Options
    Seriously, she is so ridiculous. I don't have any advice for you, but I hope the property manager tells her she's crazy.
  • Options
    Have you considered filing harassment charges against her?   I might in this case since she seems to be getting worse.   Sorry you are in this situation.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKNS_61805:
    Seriously, she is so ridiculous. I don't have any advice for you, but I hope the property manager tells her she's crazy.

me too - she is trying to be "fair" and "hear it from both sides"...but she's not the brightest bulb, and always sounds like she's reading straight from "property management for dummies". 

• Options
    I'd tell her an apartment is not the place to live if she's worried about noise.  Good luck, she sounds like a real treat!
  • Options

Go in with a paper trail. My sister is a lawyer and you have to have a paper trail she always says. Every incident on paper.

If it gets to the point where she comes and harasses you again you can file harassment/ nuisance charges. 

• Options

imageAsquared:
    I'd tell her an apartment is not the place to live if she's worried about noise.  Good luck, she sounds like a real treat!

THIS! If you are living in a building w/ SHARED walls, floors and ceilings, then you will hear noise. If  the building allows children, you'll hear them too. Same w/ pets. She needs to move if she can't handle baby noise. If she can't afford to move, tough cookies. Get earplugs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Wait a minute....so your baby waking in the night crying wakes her baby up?  What if her baby isn't sleeping through the night and is waking on its own and she is blaming you?  Couldn't it be that her baby is on a similar sleep cycle?

Document everything.  Bring it with you to the meeting.  Show her your documentation and that you will not stand for any more harrassment, therefore she needs to either get a grip, move, or be charged with harrassment if her behavior continues.  DO NOT MINCE WORDS.  Do not try and protect her feelings but remain calm and in control.  If the property manager can not mediate this meeting and she becomes verbally abusive - leave.

Another option is to move yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"