Stay at Home Moms
Options

I'm leaving DD in the crib!!!

DD has been awake from her nap for about 30 minutes now, but the only way I know is because I have peeked in and checked on her.  She is sitting quietly and contently playing with the tags on her dolls.  So, I am leaving her in there while I dust, transfer laundry, and check in on the bump.  Obviously she is completely fine and happy, but I feel a tiny bit guilty.  Whatever, either she will let me know she is ready for me, or I will finish what I am doing and go get her.  right? This is just not the norm!  Anyone else have this happen?

Re: I'm leaving DD in the crib!!!

• Options
    I have done that MANY times. Don't feel guilty. Independent play is very important for development. Smile
  • Options

ALL.THE.TIME.  :)

Seriously, she has two options every day 1) play, read, rest for 2 hours or 2) take her normal 2 hour nap.  No guilt here, everyone needs downtime!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Leave her be!  If she's content playing by herself I wouldn't feel a bit bad about it :)
  • Options
    When my kids were little I always did that.  They will let you know when they are ready to get out.  Plus I used to love to listen to them babble to their stuffed animals.  It was always so cute. 
  • Options
    Yes!  It's a win for you both - no reason to feel guilty, just make sure you spend that 'saved' time doing something fun with her when she gets up! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks you guys!  We had a great afternoon - I felt good because I had accomplished what I needed and wanted to get done.  She was refreshed and was ready to play.  Thus we were able to have a super afternoon outside playing.
  • Options

Glad you had a good afternoon Smile

Everyone always says "don't wake a sleeping baby!" but really it should be "don't disturb a happy baby!" whether that's sleeping or playing by herself!!

- Jena
  • Options
    Yep! I've done this with DD#1 for a long time now. It's good for both of us. Sometimes I feel guilty, but there's really no reason to. Yay for independent play!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"