Working Moms
Options

Lunch Ideas for DS

I know this has been asked many, many times, but I could really use some help and advice. 

I need unique/good ideas for food for DS to take to daycare.  I feel like I have been packing the same three things for him day after day and I would really like to try something different.  Usually I either pack mac n cheese, sandwich, some fruit, crackers, yogurt, etc.  I have tried the little Gerber ravioli's and he wanted nothing to do with them.  I tried sending him a quesadilla (cheese and beans) and he wanted nothing to do with it.  Recently he has been taking the cheese out of the sandwich and eating that and not the bread.  His teacher sent home the bread yesterday.  

I want to give him a variety of stuff but it seems that he doesn't want to eat what I pack him.  Today all he had all day was his breakfast of a waffle and yogurt.  He refused to eat the ravioli and the grapes I packed for him for lunch.  He even refused it at snack time and was ravenous when he got home.

So what works for you and your DC?  What does your DC love to eat that maybe mine would too and that would be good in a packed lunch?

Any suggestions?

Re: Lunch Ideas for DS

• Options

I'm not sure how old your DS is but below are some things we pack for DD:

- morning star spicy black bean burgers

- frozen meatballs

- ham/cheese rolled up

- chicken noodle soup

- chicken nuggets

- brocolli/corn/peas/green beans

- noodles with butter/marinara sauce

- leftover chicken

- leftover/canned baked beans

- cut up hamburger

- cut up hotdogs

- morninstar chicken patties

- leftover pizza

- cucumbers/peppers

- applesauce/fresh fruit

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

- cut up baked potatoe

- perogies

- flavored pasta (those pasta side dishes)

- cheese sticks

- pretzels

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My child has decided to live her first years practically as a vegetarian. I don't have to send lunch to the provider's, but some things she eats for lunch are:

• PB&J (a veggie with this)
    • Mac & Cheese (veggie with this too)
    • hot dogs (cut up)
    • chicken nuggets (yes, minced junk in a hot dog and breaded chicken are the only meats she'll consume)
    • cheese roll up (cheese & tortilla)
    • just a couple of different veggies
    • pasta with tomato gravy (provider's hubby is Italian, she gets the real stuff there)
    • grilled cheese

She snacks on:

• Fresh fruit
    • Crackers (flavored, plain, she loves the ones with cheese between them)
    • fruit snacks
    • yogurt covered raisins
    • baked chips or pretzels

My DD is starting to get to a more picky stage. She loves veggies though so I don't worry about it too much. She's a big breakfast eater and she eats a big lunch. Now dinnertime, she doesn't eat nearly as much. Maybe he just isn't interested in eating at lunch time?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"