Parenting after a Loss
Options

Need advice

DD has always slept in her pack-n-play next to my bed.  She would wake up every 2-3 hrs to eat and then would go right back to sleep.  Lately she won't sleep anywhere at night except my arms.  She will still sleep in her bouncy seat, car seat, swing, etc during the day so I thought I'd try those at night with no luck.  I also tried putting her in her crib when she was drowsy and full but she just bawled :(  I'm so exhausted!!  Anyone have any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need advice

• Options
    Have you tried swaddling? The SwaddleMe brand has velcro and will keep her nice and cozy. Also sometimes a car ride works, then once she falls asleep you can keep her in the car seat and stick her next to your bed while you get some sleep. GL!! It is so hard in the beginning, it gets a lot easier, hang in there!
  • Options

I also tried the drowsy but awake thing when my LO was that age and it did not work.  She woke up and cried for several hours.  Now it works, but only sometimes.  If she's fussy or overtired even in the slightest it won't work.

How long has this been going on? Have you tried co-sleeping? I don't do that, but I'm sure you could talk to some people who have and see if that might work to help both of you get some sleep.

Have you tried swaddling? My Lo likes to be swaddled but only on the bottom half. 

I hope you get some sleep soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is so hard in the beginning.  Allie would only sleep in my arms, or on my chest for the first 9 weeks... so that's how we slept.  Then I put her in her packnplay with the vibrator on.  She hated being swaddled, so that doesn't work for everyone.  Try the vibrator, swaddle... I don't know what else to suggest.  But I PROMISE... it gets easier!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks guys!  This has only started in the past week.  Yeah, the swaddling doesn't work for her.  She struggles until she breaks out of it every time.  With the swaddleme she has actually gotten both of her arms and legs out of it!  I totally forgot about the vibrator on our pnp...I will be trying that tonight!   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We ended up co-sleeping for a while because of the same issue. Baby would only sleep on us. Drowsy but awake is a no go too. I hope the vibration helps tonight!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

It is just in the past week that we have had some success with "drowsy and full" into the crib.  Usually, we have to hold her for about 20-30 minutes to make sure she is fully conked out before we can put her into the crib.  I found the suggestion online, and it worked well for us. Check out fact #2 on this link: https://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/T070200.asp 

We have put her in her crib from the start, but sometimes I would bring her to bed with me when she was drowsy.  I kept her on my chest until she was fully asleep, and then rolled on my side to move her onto the mattress. 

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"