3rd Trimester

I can have wine???

So I was telling a gf of mine how I miss wine so much and last night while DH had a glass I literally just picked up the glass and SNIFFED it...LOL...just to get the aroma of the grapes.  And she said...why didn't you have a glass? U're already almost 7 months...you can have a glass. SERIOUSLY?!?!  Did anyone else have a glass occasionally in the pregnancy?

Re: I can have wine???

• not a drop. We even went wine tasting and I happily sipped my soda. Its not something I would risk, since I worked with a young boy that had FASD
  • It's a personal choice and you have to be willing to live with the potential consequences.  I've had two half glasses of wine and half a beer during my pregnancy.  It's important to know that no one knows the amount of alcohol that will cause FAS, and that the amount is different for different women, so if you choose to drink even a little bit, you're putting yourself at higher risk.
    Read my blog!
    Mom, why are you washing my feed in the sink?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard that you can have A glass now and again, but it's not something I would personally risk. I do miss having wine with my DH at dinner or going out with our friends occasionally for drinks, but I figure I can wait.

Oh, and I've smelled DH's drinks too Wink

• ugh. DH gave me a choice of indulgence....caffeine or alcohol he said he just couldn't let me have both so I chose caffeine and usually drink 1 or 2 dr. peppers a day.

BUTTTTT lots of preggie women drink red wine as a stress reliever....a small 2-4oz glass of red is totally ok on occasion.....its actually almost GOOD for you...very heart healthy.

I had a mimosa at a wedding shower in 2nd tri but that is the only alcohol that has touched my lips since march. 

My best friend actually called me last week to let me know she ordered me a CASE of our fave wine and is going to wrap it up in baby wrapping paper and smuggle it in to the hospital after baby is born LOL! i won't be drinking in the hospital but i promise you I will have a hearty glass with dinner our first night home!!!

• Many OB's are perfectly okay with an occasional glass of wine. I know many many women who had the occasional small glass and had perfectly healthy babies. It is a personal choice and one you should discuss with your OB.
  • imagePizzaBride:
    It's a personal choice and you have to be willing to live with the potential consequences.  I've had two half glasses of wine and half a beer during my pregnancy.  It's important to know that no one knows the amount of alcohol that will cause FAS, and that the amount is different for different women, so if you choose to drink even a little bit, you're putting yourself at higher risk.

This...although I have chosen not to have any, alcoholism runs deep in my family and I was never a big drinker, but there are some days that I really wish LO was here so I could relax with a hard cider.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Personally, it's not a chance I'm willing to take. I have a lovely bottle of '93 Veuve Cliquot that my best friend gave me when he found out I was pregnant. It's just waiting for the baby to arrive... I've been dying to drink it for nine freaking months!
  • I've had a glass of wine a few times

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I miss Champagne!!!!!
  • I have indulged in a glass of wine a couple of times with my pregnancy, but never in my first tri.  I have enjoyed it, and got the ok from my dr first.  He even said that one a week was ok, but I was never comfortable with that much.  I do agree that it is a personal decision, and don't do it if you don't feel comfortable, because you won't even enjoy it.
  • My shower was this past Sunday. My sisters served wine. No, this did not make me angry. I lavished in the SMELL of the wine. I kept sticking my nose into my sil's glass of white. I'll have it back soon enough. However, I too have heard that a glass or two would be fine...especially near the end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've done the sniffing but that's it. DH said i'd be fine with a taste, but any time he's had wine, we've been out and I don't feel like dealing with other people's opinions especially since I know I tend to get pissy about seeing pg women drinking...even though my ob as well has said an occasional one wouldn't hurt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I asked my OB for permission to have a glass or two while we traveled in Europe in my 2nd tri.  He was totally okay with it, said I could have a glass a day if I wanted.  At a few dinners I just sipped some of DH's wine, but occasionally I had a glass, over a two plus hour period with a full meal.
  • Although I do miss having wine with dinners and out with people, it's really just not THAT important to me that I can't wait.

I have a harder time with the caffeine....sweet teas are my weakness!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have had a couple small glasses in 3rd tri this time and with my last pg. I always have them with a large meal (never just sit on the couch and chug).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • In 3rd trimester, I have had a small glass of red with dinner every one or two weeks.  With my dr's blessing.  Everything in moderation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"