Working Moms
Options

sleep problems

My LO is 15 months old.  I had a bedtime routine that worked so well.  Now all of a sudden, she refuses to go to sleep.  She was sick last couple days, and she switched rooms a daycare.  Has anyone gone through this?  I just don't know what to do. 

Re: sleep problems

• Options
    DD is 19 months and has lapses from time to time. Teething, new rooms at pre-school, colds, etc. She always seems to go back. Friends with older (4+ years) kids say that kids won't normally sleep through the night. I just accept it as a part of parenting and appreciate the good nights.

It's great you have a routine. Stick with it! And don't let her change it. It's been our saving grace some nights.

Good luck. Sleep depravation stinks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • Options

Toddlers don't deal well with change and she's probably still getting healthy.  Stick with your routine and I bet it will get better over the next week or two.

At 18 months DD had some separation anxiety.  We did our usual bedtime routine but added some rocking in her dark room back into the routine (which we hadn't done since 11 months).  After a week, the rocking time got shorter and shorter, and in another week she didn't need it anymore.

Phases stink, but they do pass!

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"