Success after IF

Help with a couple, um, art projects

1. I bought some "lemon salt" in Turkey and I'm just about out. It's like chunks of rock salt, with a REALLY lemon'y taste. It rocks, and I use it ALL the time. I can find some online, but it's really expensive for a tiny bit. This crap can't be THAT hard to make? I found a huge tub of said (plain) rock salt at the asian market for mere pennies... now how do I get the lemon into it?

I put some in a shallow plate, and dumped some lemon juice on it. Surprisingly, only about 1/3 of it melted. So I have some really salty lemon juice. Bake it slowly and have lemon salt powder? Dehydrate it? Learn how to chrystalize salt? (that has lemon juice all over it?, lol)

2. I want to make really large cement planters. Like 2-3 feet high, and 3 feet wide. Large wide bowls, really. We're doing a stamped concrete patio soon, and I want these for my hydrangeas. Any ideas on how to make the form? I'd never find anything online the shape I want. Chicken wire and screen? what? I'd make the form, then slap some of the concrete on there when we pour. Then the same colorant as the patio to match. The 1st layer's the tricky one. Once that's done it's just building it up.

Thanks!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence

Re: Help with a couple, um, art projects

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"