Working Moms

Anyone work part time?

Re: Anyone work part time?

• I start Monday as a Community Relations Director for three assisted living facilities.  I will work M W and F.
  • RN- I work 3 days per week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm an Engineer.  I work M-Th 8-3:30. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm starting part-time in 2 weeks.  I'm an attorney for the federal government and I just got approved to go to 4 days a week.  I can't wait!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah that's exciting Azure!
  • RN; I work two 12's a week.
  • I develop software and after mat leave, I switched from 4-8hr days to 3-10hr days (is 30 hours part time??).  I LOVE it.  My company agreed to the new schedule b/c I told them it was that or I was probably going to leave.
  • I am a writer for an international non-profit. I work 20-25 hours per week.
  • I worked PT 48 hours every 2 weeks and now I'm going down to 36 hours every 2 weeks.  I'm an RN, so it breaked down to working three 12 hour shifts every 2 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a marketing director and I work 4 day weeks. The main reason is because the company was struggling and asked for people to voluntarily take less hours and a pay cut. I had recently gotten a raise, so I gave it up and took 4 day weeks. It is nice, but the job I do isn't really cut out for a 32 hour week, so it gets stressful trying to get it all done. Before ML I was still working 4 10's, sometimes 12's just to get it all done, when I go back that won't be an option because of daycare p/u, so I am a little nervous about what they will expect out of me.
  • I own a small private practice in counseling and have 5 hour blocks three days a week and then billing and paperwork--so I end up working between 15-20 hours.  I love it!  I just don't like working Saturday mornings but my DH is home with the kids so it saves on childcare.

Because I work 3-8, we only need childcare for six hours a week since my DH gets home at 6. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"