Pregnant after 35

NBR - Roman Polanski

I realize everyone is probably sick of hearing about this, but this is just REALLY bothering me!  Initially what I had heard was that he was charged with having sex with a 13 y.o. girl, and that now, as a grown woman she has forgiven him.

Then I read an interview with her....it wasn't sex - it was rape.  And not just statutory rape like some have portrayed.  Not even in the least bit consensual.   She was with him for a photo session - her mother dropped her off - and the first day he asked her to change in front of him, which she felt was uncomfortable.  Then her mother dropped her off the second day, he plied her with alcohol and quaaludes and proceeded to rape her - intercourse, oral and sodomy!  With each action she said "no", but finally decided that the sooner it was over, the sooner she could go home.  When I read these statements from her, I felt so angry!  And to hear some celebrities talk like what he did wasn't "rape rape" (Whoopie Goldberg said that, I think).  And if, as a grown woman that needs to move beyond this, the victim has forgiven him - that's her business.  But to excuse his actions - and to excuse them because it's been 30 years....I'm sorry, but how much time has to pass for you to make child rape/sodomy okay?  10 years? 20?

Sorry...vent over....it just pisses me off - especially being pregnant with a little girl.  And whether or not there was a plea agreement that was reneged on is a separate issue....just don't make him sound like this poor victimized man because he's made a few good movies.  UGH...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR - Roman Polanski

• AMEN!

It angers me to no end that so many people feel that his talent as a director should somehow excuse the fact that he committed a heinous crime. Good for the victim to be able to forgive him, but he admitted to the rape, no one is questioning that it occurred, so why in the world should the fact that he makes movies for a living get him out of paying the punishment!

If an average person commited child rape people would be calling for stiffer punishments and manditory prison sentences, why should he be any different?

• Nothing outrages me more than the intentional harm of a child.  The media has certainly made light of the actual facts.  Since sexual predators rarely target only one victim, I wonder how many other young lives he's damaged. He needs to be punished!!! 

P.S.  Not that I put any stock in what Whoopi says, but she should be ashamed of herself for minimizing the violence of rape! 

• Loading the player...
  • The man is scum! I want to know how anyone can defend him.

• He was convicted following a sweet plea deal and ran and hid in a country that would not extradite him.   Cowardly little man.  I don't care if he's the Pope himself.. he needs to face his punishment.

As for people like Whoopi coming to his support... she and most all Hollywood types are so beyond understanding the real world... I just shake my head.   Heck, I read somewhere that Woody Allen, of all people, was speaking out in support of RP.   Yea, that's credible.

• I totally agree...he should "be a man" for once in his life and face up to the guilty plea and just do his time.  All the people defending him should be ashamed of themselves. 
  • Exactly. And, as the mother of a boy, I can't tolerate what kind of example this sets; that if he's rich enough and powerful enough that that kind of behavior is somehow acceptable.
  • Amen sista! I am so sick of excuses being made for people who commit heinous crimes just because they are talented in some area. I don't care if you are a famous director, you are also a rapist and should be rotting in jail.

I was never very cavalier about rape cases, but have become even more appalled by some of the things happening in this world now that I have a daughter on the way. 

• imageBrosis:

P.S.  Not that I put any stock in what Whoopi says, but she should be ashamed of herself for minimizing the violence of rape! 

It disgusts me when women support and excuse rapists. It could have been you. 

• Totally agree.  He said in the transcripts that he KNEW that she was 13 at the time.  He is a rapist.  Period.  The only thing wrong with what is happening now, is that it's happening years and years too late.  Whoopie Goldberg should be ashamed of herself for speaking without knowing all the facts.  That's Hollywood for you though.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"