1st Trimester
Options

Lovely Constipation

What did you take for constipation? Anyone try a glycerin suppository? I have already tried milk of mag, colace, water, & fiber is not working. The zofran is not helping either.
CafeMom Tickers

Re: Lovely Constipation

• Options
    McDonald's Sausage and Egg McMuffin.  Seriously.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options

Or, last night I got desperate and ate dodgy street meat.  I live in Beijing.

That got things moving pretty quick!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take ducolax and it works for me.
  • Options
    Milk of Magnesia is the sh!t....literally.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Grapes... eat a lot of grapes and it'll make you go... you can freeze them too and they're a great healthy snack / dessert!  mmm
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageQmommy:
    Grapes... eat a lot of grapes and it'll make you go... you can freeze them too and they're a great healthy snack / dessert!  mmm

This! :)

• Options

prunes, thai food, or if you're really desperate, drink juice with vegetable oil mixed in (juice hides the oil somewhat and its really effective).

• Options
    WATER!! Lots of water; 10 to 12 cups he said (that's alot!). OB explained that the reason women get constipation during pregnancy is the shortage of water. Our body is sucking water from every possible source, which unfortunately includes the intestines. By providing an abundance of water, it should keep your body from sucking up its own water and aid digestion. Also heard exercise helps. Both these have gotten things moving for me.
  • Options
    I have been having a lot of trouble with this.  Last night I made a big salad for dinner (ok, that was before the pizza).  A few hours later, well...I'm sure you can guess what happened.  I also picked up some fiber capsules, but I havent taken them yet.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"