Breastfeeding
Options

questions about freezing BM

when you freeze milk do you pump and put it right in the freezer or if you have some milk in the fridge that is a couple days old that you aren't going to use can you freeze that too? 

Re: questions about freezing BM

• Options
    I have 3 fridge storage bottles which I rotate out.  I usually put cold bm in freezer bags and then into the freezer, and the fresh milk into the fridge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am storing milk in bigger quantities now, so I might save a few small pumps and freeze them all together.  Is that what you are asking?
    Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Once I fill a bag I put it in the freezer. I don't keep any in the fridge. If I need it I can quickly defrost it from the freezer.
  • Options

I pump @ 6am and by the time I freeze it's late (11pm).

I *try* to freeze that day (why? I don't know.... part of me feels that it's like meat.... if you aren't going to use it, freeze it when it's fresh)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I usually will pump and put it in a freezer bag immediately if I intend to freeze the milk.  Obviously if I'm pumping at work then I refrigerate the milk until I get home and then pop it right into the freezer.  If I'm at home then I just put it directly into the freezer.  I agree with PP.  I prefer to freeze that day or at least by the next day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"