Infertility

Does POM Juice ever make you sick?

Last night I guzzled 8oz of it right before bed, and about 30 minutes later I was puking my guts up.  I haven't gotten sick in so long, it was just bizarre.  It has made me feel a little queezy once before, and I'm wondering if any of you have ever experienced stomach sensitivity to POM juice.

Re: Does POM Juice ever make you sick?

• I have a tough time drinking it straight - makes me feel queasy too. I usually mix it with another juice and drink it over ice. I've never thrown up though. Sorry it made you puke ;-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I put a little bit of water in it so that it goes down easier. I've never actually gotten sick, but if I drink it too fast I feel queasy. 
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel queasy if I have more than a sip or two at a time.  So, I usually pour a glass and drink it while I cook dinner.  It usually takes me about 45 minutes to actually finish it.

• Maybe try pomegranate pills?  I found them by the vitamins- and a whole bottle costs 10$ - I use pills instead of juice b/c its more cost effective and not every grocery store by me carries pom juice.

Maybe you can mix it in a smoothie w/ OJ and other fruits too?  It has never made me sick but it is very strong tasting 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Same thing happened to me!  I didn't even drink it that fast.  Tried it a second time and felt queasy so I won't be going near it again.
  • Actually this happened to me last night for the 1st time!  I always mix it with Diet Sprite and so I drank it as usual and I was gagging getting it down.  I sipped it slowly and even after drinking it slowly, I felt nauseous afterwards.  Yuck!!
  • This happened to me about 2 weeks ago too!  I took it with my vitamins, chugged it and went to bed.  30 minutes later I am feeling sick and dry heaving (sorry) in the bathroom.  I have sipped it ever since and haven't had any problems.
  • imageLCB34:

I feel queasy if I have more than a sip or two at a time.  So, I usually pour a glass and drink it while I cook dinner.  It usually takes me about 45 minutes to actually finish it.

Same here and I drink it with ice and sometimes dilute it with water. It never made me throw up but it makes me very queasy. 

TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I could never stomach it. It always made me queasy, gassy & just yucky feeling. There is a Minute Maid blend of pom, blueberries and I think apple juice that is good.
  • It made me sick too (I puked up my clomid!). After getting sick twice, I decided to mix it w/sprite-I was fine that way but felt like mixing it w/all the bad things in soda really was counteracting all the good benefits of POM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"