Pennsylvania Babies

info from MOMS Club - West Shore

Here's what I got back. I can't ever make the Wednesday meetings because of my work schedule, so I asked if I could attend one of the upcoming Tuesday or Thursday outings. I'm still waiting for that response. Let me know if you want me to keep posting info.

Here's a part of the e-mail. I cut out the stuff with the woman's name and other non-essential info.

We are a group for SAHMs and moms who work part time or from home and we cover the West Shore area.  We currently have approx. 50 members.

We have approximately 2 or more activities a week.  These include a brunch at a member's home, coffee breaks, park days, trips to local attractions, etc.  We also have a monthly MOM's Night Out.  The days of the week vary, as well as the times, though most activities are in the morning (10ish). 

We also do community service projects throughout the year.

We have a monthly membership meeting that takes place the first Wednesday of every month.  They are held at the Fredricksen library in Camp Hill in their community room located on the children's floor.  The time is 10:00 AM and our next one is October 7th.  You do not have to attend a meeting prior to joining.  Attending this monthly meeting will give you an opportunity to see what the club does and meet current members.

Re: info from MOMS Club - West Shore

• That actually sounds pretty good.  Did she mention the kids' ages?  Babies to preschoolers?  What about cost?

Maybe I'll try and make it to that meeting.

• I'm going to the meeting on 10/7 to check it out.  Membership costs about $25 a year.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's why I wanted to do an outing or something. I pointed out to her that since I can't make the meetings I would like to do a park day or similar, because you don't know how you (and your child) will mesh with a group until you can play together! And I don't want to fork over money only to find out that it's a bunch of older bullies or tiny babies.

But yes, it's $25 a year. Seems fair if you can attend lots of outings.

Innerpeace, can you let me know what you think of the meeting?

• imagerlthomas7:

Innerpeace, can you let me know what you think of the meeting?

Sure thing!  To me, it sounds like those monthly meetings at the library are more "business" related, but the outings are the fun stuff.   So I'm sure you won't miss out on much if you decide to join but can't go to the monthly meetings.  And I read in the info that she sent me, that you can go to 2 meetings to try it out before paying for the membership.

• OK, this answer is funny:

Due to liability reasons, you have to be a member to attend any MOMs club events, except the monthly meeting which is open to the public.  Sorry...  You can always join the club without attending the meeting.  Let me know what you think.

Um, don't they go to public places? So if I'm at the park when they get there, do they kick me out because my kid might get hurt? Seriously, I'm married to a lawyer who wants people to sign waivers before swimming in our pool (not entirely kidding here) but this seems a bit excessive. OK Innerpeace, it's very important for you to report back after your spy mission at the open meeting!
  • Yeah, that's a bit odd.  Did you get a copy of their "rules"?  I guess they are just covering their butts and most of it is common sense.  I think a lot of their get-togethers are in each others' homes.  I'm trying to go into this with an open mind!  I'll be sure to type up a thorough report after the meeting :)
  • Thanks for posting all of this.  I'm interested too.  I won't be able to attend the meeting next Wed b/c I have a training so I'll be looking for your post too, innerpeace.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"