Breastfeeding

SO Proud!

I just put 16oz of BM in the freezer!!!  This, after struggling to produce enough for so long. 

DS was in the nicu for 20 days during which I pumped and got a MAXIMUM of 1oz combined per session (that was a REALLY good day) and near the end was able to BF but we always supplemented after.  When he came home I tried EBFing, but he lost weight so I had to supplement. I switched to EPing (well, sorta, still had to supplement about 1/3 of his feedings with formula).  This past week I was finally able to provide him with about 95% BM by pumping, so I decided to try BFing again.  I would BF then pump after most feedings. In the past few days I've given him a couple bottles of BM and ONE bottle of formula (thought it might help with his poop issues).  I just froze 16oz and still have about 8-10oz in the fridge.  WOOH.

So this is my PSA - DON"T GIVE UP!  (Though it did take me doing a lot of different stuff to get here, pumping, power pumping, fenugreek, domperidone, oatmeal, lactation cookies, etc.)

Re: SO Proud!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"