2nd Trimester

Laying on Your Back...

Are any of you post 20 weekers still laying/sleeping on your backs? I still feel comfortable laying on my back and sometimes wake up on my back. I have no issues breathing but can it really be that bad? Baby moves around tons when I am on back and I love the feeling...just wondering how you're all doing this still.

Re: Laying on Your Back...

• I still sleep on my back.  Embarrassed
    imageimageimageimage
  • I was super small with first baby for a long time, you just have to watch the blood flow which you can't always measure by your comfort.  You may end up feeling lightheaded all of the sudden, so I'd attempt to roll to the side.  Body pillows are a God send!
  • Loading the player...
  • i try to sleep on my side,but sometimes i wake up on my back.
  • My doctor told me to sleep however I'm comfertable and that my body will let me know when it's time to change positions. (That said I'm still paranoid and try to sleep on my side even though I'm still in 1st tri)
  • I lay on my back all the time with my head propped up, but I fall asleep on my back a lot in the bed feeling for LO move.  It's not making me dizzy or anything yet so I'm not real worried.  I can still sleep on my stomach as well.
  • I asked my doctor about this and he said it's okay to sleep on your back up until the 8th month. He said even then not to worry if I were to wake up on my back.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I always wake up on my back. Who knows how long i've been that way, but I'm not sure how not to if I'm sleeping when it happens.

TTC #2 July 2014

Me: 35 DH: 36

FF Chart

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DD1 Feb 2010

• I wind up rolling onto my back at some point and then wake up when my arms are numb so I have to change positions then.
  • i sleep on my back. I doubted that whole "your body will know" business, but it's true. I'll wake up numerous times through the night, for various reasons.
  • I woke up on my back last night. I often wake up on my back in the middle of the night.

It is perfectly fine if you do sleep on your back. You'll wake up if anything were to be wrong or if baby was uncomfortable. 

If you are concerned about it... try putting a pillow behind you to prevent rolling over onto your back. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"