Washington Babies
Options

s/o prenatals

Anyone get nausea from the prenatals? My midwife ended up telling me to stop taking mine b/c I was getting too sick between the vitamins and the m/s. I took the Target brand. I also get an upset stomach just from regular vitamins.

Anyone else this sensitive? What brand do you take? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o prenatals

• Options

Mine make me feel pretty queasy too. I try to take them in the middle of eating dinner, so I'm sure to have a full stomach. Then if I start feeling bad, it's almost bed-time anyway and I can go lay down.

You know what's terrible? I'm soooo forgetful lately, I can't even remember the brand of vitamins I take. Ugh!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I threw up at first when I started taking mine as well. My Mom suggested that I take them at night with dinner. That way I had food in my stomach when I took them and at night once your stomach is more settled. I had horrible morning sickness in the morning so the pills just made it worse. I got the Kroger brand prenatals too. Now that I am no longer PG but still taking the pills because of BFing, things are fine and I can take them anytime of day. HTH!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Trader Joe's prenatals are gentle on the tummy.  It even says that on the bottle.  They have food supplements baked in them so when you take them it's like you're taking it with a meal/food.
  • Options
    oooh Nykola! That sounds like exactly what I should try! I tried doing the taking them at night thing, and it still didnt help :( We shall see how the Trader Joe's ones do, plus then I have an excuse to get yummy food while I am there :)
  • Options
    I can't swallow big pills, so I did a combo of: chewable multi from Trader Joe's, Expecta DHA, folic acid, Vitamin D, and I think that's it. :) That didn't seem to make me any more nauseous than I already was.
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Options
    Vitamins in general tend to make me sick so my dr said taking childrens chewable vitamins (like flinstones) work fine. Just make sure to get the ones that say plus extra iron. Then I also took a DHA supplement...
  • Options

Warning about hte Trader Joe's prenatals though...they smell vitamin-y and they are a tad large. So if gag reflex is an issue, I wouldn't recommend them.  Theyre not necessarily horse pill large, but larger than some other brands.  But once it's down, it's no problem. I just couldn't stand the smell. Totally didn't bug my tummy though.

The other ones I have in my medicine cabinet on recommendation from IHHM are the Target generic brand prenatals which don't smell vitamin-y at ALL. In fact they have no smell, are much smaller and have also shown to be gentle on my tummy.

Maybe try the Target ones first?  I dunno.

• Options
    I'm taking Flinstones with extra iron twice a day.  That has helped with my nausea.  I've heard that whatever the brand, chewable is better on the belly. Good luck.  Isn't nausea fun?!?!?!
  • Options
    I just picked up a prescription for chewable prenatals today.  I'm going to give them a shot - even though the safeway ones are doing great on my stomach, I hate swallowing big pills and have a bad gag reflex.  I've always taken chewable vitamins and much prefer them to swallowing pills.
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"