Washington Babies
Options

Hmmm...when do I make an appointment

You would think I would know this already but I had a complicated pregancy from the get go last time.

When should I call to make an appointment with my OBGYN? I'm sure this has been asked before but indulge me.

Re: Hmmm...when do I make an appointment

• Options
    call now and they will tell you when they want to see you.
  • Options
    I called right when I got my BFP, and they scheduled for when I was 8 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I would call and talk to your OB nurse. If they know your history, they might want to see you sooner. If you call the appointment line, they might just set you up as a regular OB patient.

I was told to do this, if I ever get the BFP again, because they want to monitor me right from the start. I was told to call my OB nurse when it happens, not the appointment line.

• Options
    Call and find out.  I didn't think they saw me until later, so I waited about a week, and they wanted me to see the nurse the next week (6 weeks), then I saw the doc at 10. 
  • Options
    NOW!  Just to make sure they still have the availability.  They will tell you when they want you to come in.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just jumping in to say congratulations K!!!! I must've missed the announcement. I'm so happy for you. :) here's to a MUCH easier pregnancy than last time.
  • Options
    Oh I missed it too! Congrats Chibi!!

• Options

Same as PP's said.  I went in this week because I already had my annual scheduled, but they told me typically they ask women to come in at 8 weeks for the confirmation appointment.  However, they said if you've ever had any complications sooner is better than later.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"