Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

should have been due in october - how did you recognize your due date / remember your angel

This is my first post on the bump.  I had a miscarriage in March and would have been due in October.  I want to do something in October to remember my angel but I just can not seem to come up with anything.  I know that this is a personal decision but was wondering if anybody has any suggestions or can tell me what they did ....... I can not come up with anything!!

The miscarriage did not really hit me when it happened - I had a bad feeling from day 1 of that pregnancy but it is hitting me now.  Luckily my husband is very supportive but I think finding a way to remember the loss in October will help us.

Thanks in advance.  And I am truly sorry for everybody that has to be on this board and thinking good thoughts for all of you. 

Re: should have been due in october - how did you recognize your due date / remember your angel

• DH and I already agreed that we're going to go on vacation. If we're going to be upset, we're going to be upset on a beach.

I haven't decided what I'll do to commemorate the occasion privately. Probably with a lot of tears.

imageimage
  • The day I lost my son is alos his twin brother's birthday.  So, we are celebrating my survivors birthday but always recognize and celebrate my angel too.

Some things that we have done in the past are lighting a candle and releasing balloons.  I have a poem that we read before releasing the balloons.  I know some people release butterflies too.

I lost my son at full term, so i have a grave to go to and we visit that on the day we lost him.  With the misscarriage that I just had, it is so new that I don't know what we will do.  We have plans to plant a tree in our yard for Samuel, so I will probably include the baby we just lost into that.

If it is something that you think you would like to recognize every year, you could plant a tree or make one of those garden stones that you could plant flowers around.  This way you would have a special spot in your yard where you could sit and reflect or pray.

I hope some of those ideas helps.  Anniversary dates are difficult.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies.  I love some of those ideas.  I just kept coming up empty and want to do something.  I never thought about the anniversary next March - that is going to probably be tough too.  Ugh.
  • My due date was Sept. 15th, and it was very hard. I was going to do something jewelry related for our baby, but it didn't seem enough for me. I got a tattoo on my bikini line that is the Chinese symbol for eternity to remember my baby. It helped me a lot, and now I will never forget our angel.
  • My EDD is the first week in Dec. So mom and bff are going to come over and help me deck the halls and drink eggnog and brandy (as long as I am not pg). I think I will need support and a distractiont that day...

I am so sorry for your loss.

• I'm very sorry for your loss.  My edd is in October too.  It's actually a really good month b/c October 15th is pregnancy loss and miscarriage awareness day as is the whole month.  Therefore, there are a lot of things going on that can help you.  I'm actually going on a Walk to Remember on the 17th that includes a memorial where all the names of the babies lost will be read out loud.  Then, I just found out that on the 18th there's going to be another memorial at the hospital where I had my boys.  As far as the actual day, which for me is the 27th, I haven't decided what exactly I'm going to do yet.  I'd like to do something special, but don't know what...

I'm sure whatever we do will be nice.  The point is that we will think of our babies and honor them in any way that suits us best, and that's okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"