Success after IF

switching to milk?/sippy cups

So my baby is almost a year (sigh) and will be switching over from formula to whole milk soon - our pedi said we can do a straight switch at one year.  Has anyone done this or have they kind of eased their baby into drinking milk?

Also, how much should she be using her sippy cups?  She honestly uses a bottle like 90% of the day - when she switches to milk will the bottles go too, or is it better to have her drink out of the sippy?

Re: switching to milk?/sippy cups

• Sorry, I'm no help but I have been meaning to post the exact same thing!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I transitioned DD when she started milk...for example day 1 was 2/3 formula and the rest of the bottle 2 % milk, did that for a period of a few days, then 1/2 and 1/2, etc.  to help her make the move.

Also, one regret I had with her was not making her use the sippy more often, it got to the point where she only wanted her milk in her bottle. Thats IT! So in order for her to have milk, it had to be in a bottle. I feel like if I would have pushed it more (and sooner) then maybe she would have been more willing to use the sippy cup.

My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you already been using the sippy? Can she use it fairly well??

We just did the switch pretty much cold turkey. DS was given a sippy at 6 months old and so by 1 year he used it well and I was already putting some formula in the sippy for some of his feedings.

I did not do 1/2 and 1/2.....we just went for it.

My pedi says NO milk in the bottle........she says that teaches them the wrong "idea." Bottles are for formulas only. If you are going to keep her on formula past 1 year, then keep the formula in the bottle or give her the formula in the sippy cup.......

How many bottles is she taking now? At 1 year, DS was only taking 1-2 bottles, he really didn't have an interest in them anymore.....so we were lucky in that the transition wasn't an issue. If she still wants them, I would definitely try putting formula in her sippy and giving her the sippy instead of the bottle......

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"