3rd Trimester
Options

Relationships with the parentals

Has your relationship with your parents changed since you've gotten pregnant?

I expected to get closer to my mother when I got my BFP, but I wasn't anticipating the change in my relationship with my dad.  We have never had a touchy-feely or overly close relationship.  We don't hug, we don't tell each other we love each other (though we both know that we do), and we've never talked regularly on the phone.  That's just not the type of person my dad is.  He pretty much keeps to himself and does his own thing. 

It's hilarious, because now I get random phone calls throughout the day from him checking on me....how I'm feeling, how my doctor's appointments are going, how the baby is doing.  He called me today concerned about my decision to drive home to Cincinnati this weekend.  He's afraid I'll go into labor and not make it back to Louisville to deliver.  It's just funny to me because it's SO out of character for him to be so concerned with my life.  I kinda like the change. Smile

imageimageimageimage

Re: Relationships with the parentals

• Options
    Yes yes yes! It brought us all closer! My dad and mom have been separated for over 3 years. My dad came moved back home last Sunday. I used to hate my parents, now I dont know what I would of done without them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've always been really close with my family, I can honestly say I feel so so lucky to grow up in a family like mine. I'm super close with both my mom and my dad.  But my dad and I have definitely gotten even closer since I've been pregnant. He calls/texts me every day. And now DH and I are living here until we can close on our house, so it's even more so. It's awesome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This is totally not parent related but similar.

I had a guy at work who is always trying to be super macho and stuff totally go soft on me when he found out I was expecting. I am high risk and he is constantly asking how I am and how the baby is and offering to help with things. At first it creeped me out a bit, but then he opened up to me and told me his wife had a miscarriage a month before I found out I was expecting. It totally changed my view of him, and now I think it's sweet that he's so worried about me. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"