Infertility
Options

WDYT? Really slow or ok pace?

I've been seeing my RE for 13 months now.  In these 13 months, I've only done 5 rounds of clomid.  My first 2 rds where annovulary, then the last 3 have been O with pregs and then m/c (first 2 m/c's 5 weeks, then last one 8 weeks).  I realize that because of the pregs and m/c that it does slow things down a bit because you have to wait a cycle in between.  For me it's a 35 day wait, and then start provera, so it's usually CD 46-49 before AF.  Even in the first two with no O, they would still make me wait until CD 35 before calling them to tell them no AF.

I'm not sure what we will do next cycle...maybe a 6th rd of clomid??  Maybe injectables? 

Do you think this has been really slow or right on track?  Sometimes I feel like this is taking FOREVER.  I've only O'd 3 times in 1 year. 

WWYD?  6th rd clomid, or discuss injectables?

BTW, last cycle I took 200mg clomid, 2mg dexamethasone, metformin, baby aspirin, prometrium, and ovidrel trigger.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WDYT? Really slow or ok pace?

• Options
    Do you have any idea why you are having repeated miscarriages?  I would ask your RE how your medication will address that problem.  I think that given your losses, the pace seems right.  And you are able to get pregnant with clomid, so it may be that is all your RE is looking for.
  • Options
    No suggestions, I am not there yet so I don't have any experience with what to do after clomid.  I did want to say though that I am so sorry you have had such a hard year and I hope you and your RE decide on a plan that will help you get a BFP really soon.  
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBeccaLandes:
    Do you have any idea why you are having repeated miscarriages? 

Umm...yes and no. :)

All blood clotting labs came back fine so no blood clotting disorder.  HSG was all clear with no uterine abnormalities.  Still waiting on chromosone test....

• Options

First I wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your losses. 

I think the pace sounds right considering the fact that you have to wait between cycles after a m/c, but I would question doing another Clomid cycle. My RE won't do more than three cycles on Clomid. It might be time to talk about trying another treatment. Good luck! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your losses.  I, too, have had repeated miscarriages.  Hopefully you'll get your b/w back soon for your chromosomal testing and that everything is normal.  I think it does sound like you're on track since you are forced to take a break with the pg losses.  I can understand why it feels like it's taking forever, though. 

If I remember correctly, my RE only recommends 3-4 cycles of Clomid and then advises to move onto injectables.  I know I did 3 cycles of Clomid/IUI and got a BFP with my 3rd Clomid/IUI, but that ended in a blighted ovum.  After my 3rd cycle of Clomid/IUI, I just felt like I was ready to be more aggressive at that point so we moved to injectables/IUI.   Plus, the Clomid made me horribly irritable and gave me intolerable hot flashes/night sweats.  GL with whatever you decide! 

• Options

I did all 6 rounds of clomid and unfortunately no BFP.  Now that I look back I wish I would have been more vocal and told my RE no more clomid!!!  It was horrible for my lining. For me I look at it as such a waste. I don't think it would hurt to talk to your doctor about moving on to injectables. 

Good luck with your decision! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"