Upstate NY Babies

Confession...

I hate pumping!  Now that I'm back to work I have to do it 4xs a day (3xs during the work day and once before bed).  I know I'm lucky my supply is keeping up with what Liam needs (and usually a couple of extra ozs) and compared to what most people have to go to pump while at work I have it easy.  I work at home and can sit here, pump and work (or nest/bump Big Smile ) at the same time, but I still hate it.  My immediate goal is to get to 6 months, which I know I can do.  I'd really love to never use formula and if it weren't for pumping I know I could do it.

I told DH this the other night and he told me he thought our BFing days might becoming to an end. I pretty sure he said this because he knows me too well and if you tell me I can't do something, it pushes me that much harder to do it.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Confession...

• I don't know how it will work once i go back to work.  During the week i will be fine bc there is another pharmacist there since we overlap.  So I will be able to go to the bathroom for 15 minutes and pump.  But on the weekends there is only 1 pharmacist on and while we close for lunch i know 1 pumping session over 10 hours won't cut it.  And i can't just leave the dept for 15 minutes if it is busy or people have questions.  I mean, I probably will since i will have to, but will be worried and stressed the whole time.
  • I give working/BF moms sooo much credit! I only pump at night to have a supply for when my mom babysits. We have a wedding next month OOT, so I am hoping I have enough for the weekend... he might end up getting a bottle or 2 of formula and it's stressing me out!

back to my point... I hate, hate, hate pumping! Good for you for keeping it up!

• Loading the player...
  • I SO hated pumping at work!!!!  I went back to work after 6 weeks and pumped until my son was 4 months old.  Luckily I have an office so that was never an issue but I just hated having to do it 3x/day at work.  I also had to do it at home because my son stopped nursing well when I returned to work, so I was pretty much exclusively pumping and feeding.  I don't think I will do that again.  I'd rather formula feed and spend the time with my kids than spend my time pumping.
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate pumping.  I think I am pretty much done with it.  I've made it longer than I wanted.  I would have loved ot neve give formula but that didn't happen.  I just never could keep up with him.  Plus once I switched stores there was too much stress and my supply dipped.  I've had days where it has taken me 1 hour to pump for 10 minutes b/c I kept getting interuppted and when I am the only manager on there isn't anything I can do.  Plus I was only able to pump 2 times for a 9 hour shift and then it dropped down to only 1 time
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"