Infertility
Options

tipping hair stylist

I got my hair done today, highlights and a cut. It came to $105, so I gave my stylist $20. She is a long time friend, and me getting my hair done is more of a social outing then a beauty treatment lol. But as I handed her the $20 her friend/co-worker looked at me like r u kidding me?

What do you tip? Was $20 not enough? If she wasn't my friend I would have only tipped $10. Thoughts??

Forever in our hearts
~12/05 * 7/06 * 12/06 * 4/07 * 10/08~
"When the world says, "Give up" hope whispers, "Try one more time"
After 4yrs, 5 IUI's, 2 IVF's, 2 FET's, PGD, and 5 losses our little miracle is finally here!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Cricket's Cadence

Re: tipping hair stylist

• Options
    I usually tip about 25-30% for my hair.  But, I think your tip was totally acceptable!
  • Options
    I have been seeing my hair guy since I was 17... so 15 years now.  He charges me $85 for highlights/weave and a cut/style.  I always give him a $20 tip.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually tip 20%, so that would be right on.  My mom thinks I'm crazy for tipping that much, but I just feel it's customary and if she does a good job on my hair, I really don't mind tipping that kind of money.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I always tip about 20 percent.
    DX: Him: Super sperm Me: Diminished pituitary function due to tumor removed April 2008, MTHFR Hetero C677T & A1298C
    IVF #1-4=BFN IVF #5=BFP! U/S on 5/3 revealed TWINS!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    That's the exact tip I would have given :)
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

I have always wondered this too.  My highlights/cut usually run about $200.  I usually give anywhere from $15-20 (depending on what cash I have) 

Should I be giving 20%?  $40 just seems like a lot.  I hate not knowing what to tip people!! 

• Options
    I do highlights in the summer, and then lowlights in the winter.  I live in NC, it runs about $110 here for full highlight, and $90 for partial.  I give $15 for the partial and $20 for the full.  That is enough IMO. 
  • Options
    I think it was totally ok.  My highlights/cut/ style cost me $99.00 - and I always tip $20.
    TTC #1 since August 2007, 3 failed IUI's, first IVF Jan 2010-bfp 1st beta on 01/29/2010 - 871 2nd beta on 2/1/10 -2,651 Twins! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im a colorist in a salon. Most of my clients tip me and some don't. I dont give any special treatment to the ones that tip me well. I have a group of awesome ladies that I do and look forward to seeing them regardless of what I make from them. I think you were more then generous.
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That's exactly what I would've given as well - 20% is quite acceptable.  I've been given the "are you serious" look before and honestly, how much are we supposed to tip? I've always been told 20% so that's what I tip.
  • Options
    Thanks for asking this.  I often wonder if I tip enough.  I give $20-$30 depending on how much cash I have on me.  My cut and highlights are usually around $120
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"